EMT studying

KTess11

Forum Probie
I start my classes in a few months and was wondering what are some things that you all used to study? Do you have any techniques or study aids?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Read your book and make flash cards. Those two will probably help you the most. Try to read the chapter before you cover it in class.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Read your book and make flash cards. Those two will probably help you the most. Try to read the chapter before you cover it in class.
This. Study groups with classmates seems to also help some students.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Download nremt practical skills check off sheets and start memorizing. You might not understand it but you need to memorize it sober or later.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Read that book like there is no tomorrow. For the lab ask as many questions as you feel necessary. Jblearning.com is what I have used.

titmouse

aspiring needlefairy
Btw welcome to the board.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420238600.920845.jpg

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Everything everyone has said plus looking at Quizlet or Memorize. com Not just the questions you are looking up for quizzes. Study them all. I read half of the book before classes started. Then I read every chapter twice after that. Maybe a little overkill, but I know the material really well and it made the class a lot easier. Made passing the NREMT exam, the first time, easier. Good luck and welcome. :)

MedMaddy

Forum Probie
Personally I just make sure I'm super attentive to lectures and demonstrations then just do tons of practice questions/scenarios before quizzes/exam. Anywhere I do poorly I will reread the material and try another practice set. Works for me!

emsbroadcast

Forum Probie
I think by getting a good study guide, it helps a lot on both understanding the EMT curriculum and preparing for the National Registry Exam
The study guide at NREMT Academy (http://NREMTAcademy.com) have a lot of material breakdowns and online mini tests that will help any EMT-B test takers to feel confident when taking the National Registry.
The EMT-Basic curriculum from the AAOS book consist of a lot of redundancy.
By using a good study guide, you will be able to focus more on what are essential on both passing the National Registry Exam, as well as being a good EMT.
You already spend a lot of money and time to become an EMT, a small price for a study guide shouldn't be a big deal to get.
At the end of the day it is cheaper to get the NREMT Academy study guide and pass the exam, rather than having to retake the exam cause you failed.

Attachments

• aa1.png
    aa1.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 262

happylittleblue

Forum Probie
I read the chapter ahead of class and it allowed me to grasp concepts better. I also took really good notes. You have to remember that from the time you complete the course to actually taking registry can be a few weeks so these notes are going to come in handy! Additionally, when it came time to the class final, I was able to look at my past quizzes to see the questions and answers, I'd suggest reviewing those before the final if you have the ability. Primarily notes though...focus on that. I was also able to record my teacher using my phone so I'd also suggest that if you feel that may help. Good luck!

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Biggest thing for me was to ask questions. Even if it feels like a dumb question. More than likely everyone else in class would benefit from hearing the answer again.

SocraticMethod

Forum Probie
I just finished my course. I'd strongly recommend taking some time to study anatomy, physio, and medical terminology if not register for these courses outright. You'll be so far ahead of the pack it's ridiculous.

RedAirplane

Forum Asst. Chief
Depending on your class, read the full chapter thoroughly either before or after the corresponding lecture.

My attention span is a lot less than it was in the past, so I like to stop at the end of the page and make sure I know what I just read. If not, take a short break then go on.