EMT Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linny911

Forum Probie
Hi! I am an EMT student and I am having some trouble finding good pants in my area. I have tried on several different brands ranging from 511 to even ****ies. My problem is that I have a smaller waist and big thighs, so every pant is too big on my waist and too tight in the thigh. Didn't know if anyone had any suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EKUEMT

Forum Probie
I prefer the 5.11 brand to any others. They are made better for my certain body type. You may have to just end up getting a belt and tightening the waste. I know a few people in my class that had to do that.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Buy a couple pair in the ball park and bring them to a tailor for alterations. Not expensive and you'll come off far more professionally.

No big deal

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
One word: Nomex.

CALEMT

Maybe I should read the OP's post before posting my response. Looks like my good buddy VentMonkey already linked the tread that came to mind after reading the OP's post.

CALEMT

It's all good, pal, I'll chalk it up to your "RNE"...
Reflexive Nozzle Effect:).

That and the two shots of Tin Cup Whiskey that I have under my belt.

Keep calm and chase whiskey with more whiskey as... -PAF

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I have pretty large thighs myself. And 5.11 with a tailor works magic. I use them for le too

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN
TruSpec

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
511 does offer a women's cut. That might help

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

MackTheKnife

I wonder what the other brand was in the OP that got censored. Was it ****ies? If so, why censor it?

MackTheKnife

Looks like auto-censor.

OP
OP
L

Linny911

Forum Probie
Yeah. Thanks for the help guys. I am a woman and the women's cut really doesn't differ a whole lot from the men's cut. I'll probably just get a pair tailored. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OHgrl74

Forum Probie
I love Propper. I'm a curvy girl and they fit the best. Last thing I want to deal with is feeling uncomfortable or tugging at my pants

jvlasic23

Forum Ride Along
I prefer the 5.11 brand to any others. They are made better for my certain body type. You may have to just end up getting a belt and tightening the waste. I know a few people in my class that had to do that.
are they usually high up in the crotch? I bought a size 4 and they're pretty long and they kind of are tight in the crotch area. The size two is a but tighter but its a better length. I just wanna know if that's normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.