EMT class extended

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
Has anyone ever heard of an EMT class being extended. Mine has been extended twice, and was wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else before.

OP
OP
H

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
The class was supposed to finish up today, but was extended til the 30th and then today we find out it has been extended to August 13.

Last edited by a moderator:

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Have you missed lectures or have there been problems with labs? Have you completed all of the lectures and labs from the syllabus (assuming you were given one on the first day)? Have you completed a final practical and/or written exam yet?

OP
OP
H

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
Since he extended the class to the 30th not everyone decided to finish the final test. We were supposed to do skills/practicals today, but that got pushed back too. So now all that is the 13th.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
We had something like this happen. It was not a good sign. The state was watching the school very closely if you get my meaning.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
That meaning they don't think the program is running for enough hours and might be about to shut it down if they don't get the hours?

OP
OP
H

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
Well I hope it doesn't get shut down. I have paid way to much for this class. More than the average class cost.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Lets just say that when a school is running things fast and loose and all of sudden start trying to get their ducks in a row it usually means they are under a lot of scrutiny.Anytime a school draws that kind of attention it is usually a bad sign. On the other hand it could be a way for the school to try and boost it's pass rate. Maybe they have a very low pass rate (also not a good sign) and figure if they make you guys get a few more hours in a few more of you will pass.

OP
OP
H

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
Well we started with 8 people and now there is 6. But I paid 850 for the class, so I hope it does get shut down. His excuse was the other students said they didn't feel comfortable with the skills.