Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Feb 4 2005, 02:32 AM
I believe that I will leave this one to Jon :p :D
I pass the honor to the supreme fourm whacker god, Blue

Jon

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Feb 4 2005, 03:20 AM
Allright, it's time for PArescueEMT or MedicStudentJon to officially define what a whacker is :p
it was for you and I, and I gave it to you Jon... so you have to take it.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT+Feb 5 2005, 09:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PArescueEMT @ Feb 5 2005, 09:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ffemt8978@Feb 4 2005, 03:20 AM
Allright, it's time for PArescueEMT or MedicStudentJon to officially define what a whacker is :p
it was for you and I, and I gave it to you Jon... so you have to take it. [/b][/quote]
You have me beat on Whackerdom, and Blue tops ALL

I cannot possibly do a good job

Jon

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
just dont describe a pt as PCL (pre-code looking) in your report, apparently the ER cant take a joke.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Great topic. I actually got in hot water w/ my EMS region for using "big words" in my long narratives. They said my words were beyond my scope of practice, only b/c they had abbreviations for them, and most people can't spell them anyway. I use a PDA, it has a spell checker. Big whoop is what I said, it sounded better, and the ER could understand it. So I wrote two reports on one patient, one w/ abbreviations for the ER, and one in my normal style. Med Director contacted EMS region, told them to leave me alone.
(HIPAA-Fake Report, fake patient, theoretical only)
A 160 was disp. to a prvt. res. for a 26 y/o/m cc &reg; CxPn. Pn on palp. denies n/v/dz/dph. als 4 o/s c/o to bls. vtl w/in n/L. 126/80-88-16 100%. c/a/ox4. p/w/d. l/s clr all fields. p/p/e. (-)p/e. sup/o2 @ 3lpm/nascan per/pro. pt/rest/com. tx to rph. stable in tx. nka/nkm/npmh except right 3rd rib fx x 2yrs.

Whacker: (ADJ): Describes a person who loves their job more than any other person in that profession. They love their job so much, they want to be the best they can be. Side effects may be unbelievable urge to own as many lights as possible (to get to the emergency in a safe manner, being seen and heard), and to own as many medical bags known to man (to be able to do everything with in his/her power to stop bleeding, splint fx's, and perform resuscitation no matter the age or size. May also include the desire to wear a "sam brown" belt w/ portable ER on it, and own a one-hundred eighty dollar stethoscope or wish they were born 30 years earlier b/c they want to own an ambulance service and ride in a caddy. May crawl through junk yards inflicting large gushing lac's to legs to take a picture of an old ambulance. :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Feb 9 2005, 03:23 PM
Whacker: (ADJ): Describes a person who loves their job more than any other person in that profession. They love their job so much, they want to be the best they can be. Side effects may be unbelievable urge to own as many lights as possible (to get to the emergency in a safe manner, being seen and heard), and to own as many medical bags known to man (to be able to do everything with in his/her power to stop bleeding, splint fx's, and perform resuscitation no matter the age or size. May also include the desire to wear a "sam brown" belt w/ portable ER on it, and own a one-hundred eighty dollar stethoscope or wish they were born 30 years earlier b/c they want to own an ambulance service and ride in a caddy. May crawl through junk yards inflicting large gushing lac's to legs to take a picture of an old ambulance. :D
Squirrel: (ADJ): Describes someone who may or may not have an affiliation to a local Emergency Services Orginization and may or may not have any Fire / EMS training. This someone will make an extreme effort to "conviently" arrive at a scene YOU have been dispatched to, for them to "Play." Said person might also be another company who "decides" to go see "if you need any help."

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Feb 9 2005, 10:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Feb 9 2005, 10:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Blueeighty8@Feb 9 2005, 03:23 PM
Squirrel: (ADJ): Describes someone who may or may not have an affiliation to a local Emergency Services Orginization and may or may not have any Fire / EMS training. This someone will make an extreme effort to "conviently" arrive at a scene YOU have been dispatched to, for them to "Play." Said person might also be another company who "decides" to go see "if you need any help." [/b][/quote]
Most important:

A Squirrel MIGHT be a Whacker
A Whacher MIGHT be a Squirrel.

They ARE NOT SYNONYMS

:rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes:
Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I really can't stand when people show up to our calls, from another station, just to see who the patient is.

EMTstudent

Forum Lieutenant
*WHEW* I thought I would fall into the whacker category.

Okay, who here is a whacker?????? Come on FESS UP!!!

I am excited about GETTING into the EMS field...but I have resisted all urges to get stickers, lights, patches, etc. etc....

I am planning on making a subtle entrance when I graduate from my EMT classes.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I just have a lot of medical bags. I don't have any lights mounted on my vehicle, and I wouldn't put stickers or license plates on it regarding fire or EMS. I own a business, and my SUV (that had the cot it in) is lettered for that business. The vehicle novelties would make it look tacky.

Uniform only has station patch. I know what my job is, don't need a patch for everything. There are stations in my area that put a patch on their uniform for every class they take. I swear, it looks like a girl scout uniform, patches on the front, sides, and back! :huh:

I just really love my job, and putting the "whacker one" vehicles together is simply a way to have fun and relieve stress. B) Try it. I bet a ford explorer would be perfect, or a mini-van. I bet the cot would fit, allowing the door to shut. <_<

EMTstudent

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Feb 10 2005, 12:19 PM
I bet a ford explorer would be perfect, or a mini-van. I bet the cot would fit, allowing the door to shut. <_<
Dang, that new 2005 Mustang GT is out of the question huh?

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Feb 10 2005, 01:35 PM
Never know...

Have you ever seen an Ambulette?
Wouldn't that be more like a Mini Cooper??

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Blueeighty8@Feb 10 2005, 02:35 PM
Never know...

One Co I work for has one - Used to be a hospitals' Helipad to ED shuttle - 1995ish Cargo Dodge Caravan, 2 front seats, foward facing, ferno 93ES and two seats in the back as attendant chairs.

Not elegant, but for someone who does not need to be accompined in the back of the truck and needs no equipment, it is VERY small and manuverable, acutally fun to drive ;)

Jon

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Feb 10 2005, 09:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Feb 10 2005, 09:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Blueeighty8@Feb 10 2005, 02:35 PM
Never know...

One Co I work for has one - Used to be a hospitals' Helipad to ED shuttle - 1995ish Cargo Dodge Caravan, 2 front seats, foward facing, ferno 93ES and two seats in the back as attendant chairs.

Not elegant, but for someone who does not need to be accompined in the back of the truck and needs no equipment, it is VERY small and manuverable, acutally fun to drive ;)

Jon [/b][/quote]
Actually... it was the Burn team transport van... A 1995 dodge caravan with a Red teardrop on the dash, headlight flashers, and of course NO SIREN

geniuses.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT+Feb 11 2005, 03:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PArescueEMT @ Feb 11 2005, 03:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Feb 10 2005, 09:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Blueeighty8
@Feb 10 2005, 02:35 PM
Never know...

Jon
Actually... it was the Burn team transport van... A 1995 dodge caravan with a Red teardrop on the dash, headlight flashers, and of course NO SIREN

geniuses. [/b][/quote]
Ok, yes, technically - it was designed not as a true "transport" but as a way to transfer the burn staff and patient to/from the roof of the semi-detached parking garage, where the helipad was, to meet the flight crew and patient. it is small so it fits in the garage.

I never saw them do a transport off hospital property.

Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
EMS-F: acronym. Emergency Medical Stretcher Fetcher

Anesthetic Oxygen (AO): A little-known and under-used application of oxygen, AO is used to anesthetize an especially unruly patient. Dose is dependent on the size of the tank and velocity of the swing.(See Also - Modified Oxygen Therapy)

Bag-O-Meds: n. Large plastic sack containing all of the meds a patient is currently taking or has taken in the past 10 years. Usually contains multiple prescriptions for the same medication from several doctors.

SCEMT-B

Forum Crew Member
Luno Preincarceritis is one of my favorites used in Southern California when I was there, don't get to use it much now :(

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by SCEMT-B@Mar 26 2005, 02:42 AM
Luno Preincarceritis is one of my favorites used in Southern California when I was there, don't get to use it much now :(
Speaking of Luno, where did he go?