EMS Simulator

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
This site has a free EMS simulator. You're given information about a call, and make treatment decisions based upon it.

It's pretty simple, but enjoyable (to an extent).

EMS Simulator

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Jul 14 2004, 01:25 AM
This site has a free EMS simulator. You're given information about a call, and make treatment decisions based upon it.

It's pretty simple, but enjoyable (to an extent).

EMS Simulator
Great site, it has been around for many years.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
I don't know if i would still say they are great. I've been waiting for a new sim for over a year now.

But I still enjoy playing all af the old ones.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
thanks for the tip on that site. that is a really good site for anyone who wants to play beyond their scope of practice.

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
Does any one know where I can find one of the pocket reference books for BLS or ALS, at this point I am not too picky I am just having a hard time locating one. I am looking for the book that has all of the basic reminders and drug info in it. One of the guys at work told me he got his at Gauz but I haven't been able to locate one with them....are they even called a "pocket reference"???? I found one that is like a palm pilot...pretty cool but, pretty expensive too!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by kyleybug@Sep 30 2004, 08:32 PM
Does any one know where I can find one of the pocket reference books for BLS or ALS, at this point I am not too picky I am just having a hard time locating one. I am looking for the book that has all of the basic reminders and drug info in it. One of the guys at work told me he got his at Gauz but I haven't been able to locate one with them....are they even called a "pocket reference"???? I found one that is like a palm pilot...pretty cool but, pretty expensive too!
Hey,

I would highly suggest purchasing one. Every single person I've worked with carries one. Most EMT-Basics actually decide to carry the ALS version, but that's up to you. I, as a basic, carry the BLS version.

Here are a few sources:

Galls BLS - 19.99
Galls ALS Field Guide - 19.99

BLS Field Guide - AllMed.net - 16.95
ALS Version EMS Field Guide - AllMed - 16.95

There are many other sources, just do a google search. Though the galls one costs more, Id go with them, they're a good company.

I hope that helps.

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
Thanks Matt. I did order one. I am not sure which one it is I found it on Saveslives.com I hope it is a good one. I ordered the BLS one I can't remember what brand it is but if it isn't a good one then I will just get another one. It sure is a bummer that you have to do most of the shopping on line for our stuff, there just isn't a good store in my area to go to for anything that has to do with EMS. I feel like a red headed step child, a nurse sure doesn't have any trouble finding a store around here :angry: I think we as Emergency workers get the "code brown" end of the stick :blink:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Sep 30 2004, 02:34 AM
thanks for the tip on that site. that is a really good site for anyone who wants to play beyond their scope of practice.
Great sites, both of them. I wish LessStress would come out with another, though, Mortimer reminds me of my old partner......

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Dec 23 2004, 09:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Dec 23 2004, 09:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PArescueEMT@Sep 30 2004, 02:34 AM
Great sites, both of them. I wish LessStress would come out with another, though, Mortimer reminds me of my old partner...... [/b][/quote]
Yeah, I'm waiting... not holding my breath though!

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Maybe we should all do a combined mass concerned citizen e-mailing to get them to produce some different senarios...?

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
These sites are great, I don't think I have any room left in my bookmark section, but thanks!

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by coloradoemt@Jan 17 2005, 01:27 PM
Maybe we should all do a combined mass concerned citizen e-mailing to get them to produce some different senarios...?
I'm in. Let me know when.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT+Feb 1 2005, 07:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PArescueEMT @ Feb 1 2005, 07:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cbdemt@Sep 17 2004, 04:48 PM
If you have some time, www.nyerrn.com has some great sims. ALS, BLS, ACLS and more.
they be gone. :( [/b][/quote]
That was quick, I was just on there last week.

cbdemt

Forum Lieutenant
I tried to log on last night, I thought I had a bunch of spyware or something that was keeping me from viewing certain pages.. guess not. Bummer. :(