EMS is public safety.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Why do so many ambulances crash ?
Because we let immature asses pilot them like a sports car through traffic while disregarding laws even though it's been proven the time saved is minimal and clinically insignificant?

EMS people should put their phones away, put the troughs of food away, and just do your job. Nobody that can not go 8 hours without eating should have this job.
Since 8 hours shifts are exceedingly common in EMS :rolleyes:

The real issue is they just do not have the commitment for medical or nursing school or graduate , so they rote memorize a few $5 words and discuss things on the cellular level and act as if they above everyone else. They use their $5 words to distract everyone from the fact they can't drive, can't lift, and cant go 10 minutes without checking their phones or wolfing down quarts of lo mein.
This is a shining example of why EMS loses most of it's intelligent, medically minded providers. You can only beat your head against this wall so many times before saying "screw it".

I suggest if you want a real future in EMS you revise you views. If this is what you profess to me, there's no way in hell I'd hire you.

Last edited by a moderator:

the_negro_puppy

Forum Asst. Chief
Because we let immature asses pilot them like a sports car through traffic while disregarding laws even though it's been proven the time saved is minimal and clinically insignificant?

Since 8 hours shifts are exceedingly common in EMS :rolleyes:

This is a shining example of why EMS loses most of it's intelligent, medically minded providers. You can only beat your head against this wall so many times before saying "screw it".

I suggest if you want a real future in EMS you revise you views. If this is what you profess to me, there's no way in hell I'd hire you.

I swear emt_seeking_first_job is either retarded, a troll or both.

Judging by his name, he has never worked in a paid, professional EMS job, and here he is spamming the boards like his personal blogs and telling experienced providers that their views.attitudes/ etc are wrong.

OP
OP
E

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm taking it you've never actually worked for an ambulance service that even flirted with the term "busy."

In the NYC blizzard, the 911 system was overwhelmed and mutual aid was activated.

We had a backlog of 911 calls and direct calls to our service.

On the weekends we get a backlog.

During special events we man posts for several hours without eating.

OP
OP
E

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
Another thing.

Anyone who bites their nails or chews gum in public does not belong in healthcare, public safety or any position requring working alongside others or the general public.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
yes yes yes

IMHO, nobody gets better in the ambulance.

We stabilize them.

We transport them safely. Without endangering other motorists. Better than a hysterical relative.

What we do as EMS is important. But do not confuse it with what happens at the hospital.

In my honest opinion you should probably wait until the ink dries on your ticket before you paint a whole profession with such a broad stroke.

As far as no one getting better in an ambulance, when your knowledge of EMS surpasses what could fill the bottom of a shot glass, then you can make your assumptions, until then your opinions don't hold much weight and comments like this only prove the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Someone unable to work during long periods of time should not have this profession.

There is always downtime for snacking.

Someone prone to hypoglycemia should not work in an ambulance, fire truck or police car.

People can not eat while you drive. It distracts the operator from controlling the vehicle.

Really? There are days i get on my truck fifteen minutes early and then run from.facility to facility for the next thirteen and a half hours. Sometimes there IS no downtime and we are stuck running into the hospital cafeteria for two minutes on our way back to the truck. Not eating for twelve hours or better is not healthy and is enough to give anyone hypoglycemia.

Your podunk service has downtime. Thats great. Not everyone does and i have no problem eating while driving.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Anyone who bites their nails or chews gum in public does not belong in healthcare, public safety or any position requring working alongside others or the general public.
Notsureifserious.jpg

JPINFV

Gadfly
In the NYC blizzard, the 911 system was overwhelmed and mutual aid was activated.

We had a backlog of 911 calls and direct calls to our service.

Disaster situations! = day to day operations?

On the weekends we get a backlog.
I'm not sure if you know this or not, but there are ways to manufacture a few minutes to get food at the hospital.

During special events we man posts for several hours without eating.
Several hours! = 8 or 12 hours?

impliedfacepalm-ba.jpg

Death_By_Sexy

Forum Crew Member
I didn't really understand the animosity the topic creator was getting....

....And then I read the last few pages. Good God almighty.

Voodoo1

Forum Crew Member
The attitude of some people makes Brown so horrendously unquantifiably disgusted it makes Brown want to vomit to the point it would be unhealthy as Brown would become dehydrated and depleted of essential electrolytes Brown would become mortally obtunded and die.

Brown can no longer willingly participate because it makes Browns head explode.

*Brown takes Oz, Negro and Smash to the pub .... come lads, let us forget this thread ever existed

Can I come too?

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Let me just finish this thread off:
Hitler.

*puts round through thread's brainstem*

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
What, now you're trying to say that HITLER was all about Public Safety?
He was.....two words for you: Enabling Act, or rather, one very long German word: Ermächtigungsgesetz. If one wants to be really retentive, the full name was Gesetz zur Behebung der Not von Volk und Reich ("The law to alieve the emergency/crisis of the people and Reich").

;)