ems discounts on food and stuff

EMT91

Forum Lieutenant
I do not yet work as an EMT but when I have done ride a longs, a gas station did give us free drinks. Being a student, I get some discounts at movies and bowling.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I do not yet work as an EMT but when I have done ride a longs, a gas station did give us free drinks. Being a student, I get some discounts at movies and bowling.

Good point. Many places do offer student discounts including movie theaters.

PVC

Forum Crew Member
I am happy when they keep my meal warm when I have to run without charging extra.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Certain 7/11s give us free fountain drinks and slurpees. A sandwich shop gives us free drinks with our sandwiches. U-Swirl gives us free frozen yogurt. All if you're in uniform, generally they tell us, no one I know asks for it, they always remind us though.

Apparently AT&T gives a discount to us as well, I might have to ask about that one seeing as I'm about to take over my cellphone bill from my dad.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
A random pizza place gave me a free drink and slice since "your boss and I were tight bros in high school." That was appreciated, and picturing the owner hanging with this very loud Italian man made me laugh. A lot.

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
Knotts in SoCal is giving fire and PD Officers free admission for themselves and a guest. Do you guys think it will work for us EMTs as well?

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but most firearm companies include EMT/Medic/FF in their "Homeland Security" discount. I know Springfield and Glock do. When I was looking at guns the discount would save me ~$100.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but most firearm companies include EMT/Medic/FF in their "Homeland Security" discount. I know Springfield and Glock do. When I was looking at guns the discount would save me ~$100.
Didn't know Springfield had a discount. Do you have a link?

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Didn't know Springfield had a discount. Do you have a link?

I can't find a link for the details. I just asked my local gun store (A LEO distributor) and they told me which companies offered discounts. You can call the companies directly and ask for LEO/MIL discount details and ask if EMS qualifies. I do not think it is really advertised

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
There are a bunch of banking discounts here with ASB seeing as how they are a major sponsor of St John, and other companies which give discounts or whatever, but they are negotiated for all St John employees not just Paramedics.

When I was over on the Shore there was a McDonalds that crews cheap food but that was more an under-the-table thing so other than that no, no free or cheap food, and why should they? I don't expect a business to make exceptions and give cheap food or products or whatever to a particular group of people, they are in business to make money and that is fair enough. Now in saying that lots of places give discounts to students and such and that is you know, no problem there, but to give out stuff based on your job is a bit I dno, its a bit funny to me, or so I think.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
I love getting discounts, never ask for it and never expect it. But when I get one, I am all "Friggin Bonus"

That being said, never abuse it. Especially if you work in my County or I will give you dirty looks and lots of eye rolls.

I love Chipotle, we used to get half off there. Until PD and the Jail staff got wind of this and went EVERYDAY and asked where the discount was for them if someone ever forgot. Needless to say, we no get half off anymore and Chipotle nickles and dimes you for everything!

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
There are a bunch of banking discounts here with ASB seeing as how they are a major sponsor of St John, and other companies which give discounts or whatever, but they are negotiated for all St John employees not just Paramedics.

When I was over on the Shore there was a McDonalds that crews cheap food but that was more an under-the-table thing so other than that no, no free or cheap food, and why should they? I don't expect a business to make exceptions and give cheap food or products or whatever to a particular group of people, they are in business to make money and that is fair enough. Now in saying that lots of places give discounts to students and such and that is you know, no problem there, but to give out stuff based on your job is a bit I dno, its a bit funny to me, or so I think.

Is St. Johns mascot a green dragon, or did it used to be? I think I remember this bank from Australia

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Is St. Johns mascot a green dragon, or did it used to be? I think I remember this bank from Australia

You are probably thinking of St George, the logo fr St John is ... um, the Almiti Cross, I had to look it up! LOL

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
You are probably thinking of St George, the logo fr St John is ... um, the Almiti Cross, I had to look it up! LOL

That is it, When I lived in Australia, St. George sponsored a bunch of Triathalons and such that we took part in

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Apparently AT&T gives a discount to us as well, I might have to ask about that one seeing as I'm about to take over my cellphone bill from my dad.

We get the att one thru work. I think ours is 20% off cell service. I know it flags our personal lines as business so when we call customer service it's always a US based rep and they will do anything to make it right.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We get the att one thru work. I think ours is 20% off cell service. I know it flags our personal lines as business so when we call customer service it's always a US based rep and they will do anything to make it right.

Mine is thru our parent company. AT&T and Verizon are 20%-25% on the monthly bill and then 20%-25% on accessories.

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
Can any EMTs confirm the knott's free admission for the EMT and a guest? I have a couple guys telling me its true, but they've only heard it through someone else. Nobody has actually confirmed it. The site says Fire and PD, but would that extend to us EMTs as well?

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Can any EMTs confirm the knott's free admission for the EMT and a guest? I have a couple guys telling me its true, but they've only heard it through someone else. Nobody has actually confirmed it. The site says Fire and PD, but would that extend to us EMTs as well?

Call them.

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant

It works. I just confirmed it myself! I am posting this from inside knotts.:D:lol: