EMS Airport jobs?

dalmain

Forum Crew Member
Anybody know if Airport or Air lines hire people with EMS back grounds like Paramedics and EMT's? Just curious. Getting a job on an airline or airport may allow me to transfer to another State easily.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Some airports have their own fire/ ems service. Some privates/ hospitals/ whatever may have ground and air ambulance based out of an airport. I am not sure if it is like this at all airports but have seen it in some bigger areas. You will most likely have to do a lot of homework and research in the area you want to be in.

Last edited by a moderator:

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
I thought their first aid training was above EMT??

It's along the lines of EMR level. CPR, basic first aid. Every 121 (airline) certified airplane has an AED onboard, as well as a basic first aid kits that are usable by the F/As. There are FAA required medical kits also, that are available to be used by MDs or DOs (or other qualified medical personnel approved by the captain with discussion with MedLink or other medical assistance).

Airlines do not hire EMTs or Medics to act as EMTs or Medics. Having an EMT or Medic certificate would certainly be a plus in applying for a job as a F/A, however the airlines do NOT "allow" you act as an EMT or Medic. If you use your EMT/Medic skills (acting in a manner beyond what is covered in F/A new hire training) you are not covered by the airline's insurance/liability.

New hire pay for a F/A at a regional is about $18-20k/year, at a major it's about $20k/year.

Many airports have their own fire departments, which may or may not include EMS.

Last edited by a moderator:

jesse24b

Forum Crew Member
Some airports security officers act as EMTS and FFs. The one by me requires you to have an EMT, FF1, FF2 and complete state police academy. Its like the public safety triad.

Imacho

Forum Lieutenant
Here in Charlotte we have 2 airport crews. They are employees of MEDIC and are contracted our to work on the airport grounds. We have a break room for our converted golf cart and all of our gear. They are pretty busy. About 15-20 calls for service for each crew. But since they don't transport and just ask for a 911 truck to transport, it's not that bad.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
MWAA Fire Department