Emergency Ambulance in Brea is hiring full time EMTs

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
FYI, Emergency Ambulance is seeking to fill EMT positions working out of our Brea, CA location.

Day, evening and 24-hr. shifts are available.

EAS provides transportation in the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA Metropolitan Area and responds to both inter-facility and 911 calls. Service levels include ALS, BLS and Specialty Care Transport, and ALL EMT's get a chance to respond to fire calls.

The job assignment will initially require five variable 8 hour shifts per work week. However, after classroom training varied days and hours will be required as the position transitions to 9-hour shifts, fixed 12-hour shifts, rotating 12-hour shifts, or 24-hour shifts, which are generally offered later in employment.

Six (6) months of verifiable recent and continuing experience as a practicing California certified EMT is preferred for this position which responds to public safety requests. However, we will accept applications from qualified and properly credentialed new grads or other candidates with less experience.

Here are our Qualifications for Special Assignment/Fire Shifts

•Must have six (6) months experience as a full time EMT.

•May not smoke or otherwise use any tobacco product including chewing tobacco, snuff or electronic cigarettes.

Preferred Qualifications, if the above qualifications are met

•Graduation from a CA State Board of Fire Services - State Fire Marshall Certified Academy, Volunteer Fire Academy or equivalent.

•Prior verifiable experience as an EMT providing 911 ambulance services or emergency response, either with a licensed -- reputable ambulance contractor or a fire service agency.

•Experience with code 3 driving and knowledge of area streets and roadways.

EAS offers a competitive salary and benefits package.

If you are interested in applying you must possess:

- A Current CA Driver's License (Unrestricted)
- A Current CA Ambulance Driver's Certificate within 60 days of employment
- A Current CA State EMT Certificate
- A recent DMV H-6 Printout that indicates acceptable status for driving ambulances. You must demonstrate the ability to meet the Driver Underwriting Guidelines issued by EAS' insurance carrier -- i.e. less than 3 points, no DUIs or Reckless driving, 21 years of age at time of application, etc.
- A Current CPR Card
- An ICS-100 -- Introduction to Incident Command System Course Completion Certificate (available online)
- An ICS-200 -- ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents Course Completion Certificate (available online)
- An ICS-700 -- National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) An Introduction - Training Course Completion Certificate (available online)
- A Current OCEMS EMT Accreditation Card
- Proof of LA County Expanded Scope Course Completion within 30 days of employment (available online)

IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE QUALIFIED BASED ON THE ABOVE AND ARE INTERESTED IN AN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITH EAS PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION THROUGH OUR WEBSITE

PLEASE - NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES. THANK YOU!

OP
OP
deadhead

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
Emergency Ambulance Service in Brea is seeking candidates to fill EMT (Driver Qualified) positions.

Persons wanting more info can contact the HR representative by phone or can review the company website at http://www.emergencyambulance.com. A complete list of the required qualifications are located here http://www.emergencyambulance.com/employment/emergency-medical-technician/.

Currently, only 9 or 12 hour shifts are available. However, 24’s regularly open up and they lead to opportunities on the dedicated fire units.

Emergency provides transportation in both LA and Orange counties and responds to both inter-facility and 911 calls. Service levels include BLS and Specialty Care Transport.

The company’s clients include acute and sub-acute hospitals, nursing homes, home health and hospice agencies, managed care organizations, physician’s groups/IPA and insurance companies, as well as the Orange County Fire Authority and Brea Fire Dept. Fire calls are at least 50% of our business and we don’t run dialysis calls.

Benefits include:
  • Uniforms
  • Company Paid CE
  • Flexible scheduling
  • Health Insurance: Medical, Pharmacy, Vision, & Dental - Section 125 Plan
  • Life & AD&D Insurance
  • Paid Jury Duty
  • Paid Sick Leave
  • Vacation Leave/Paid Time Off
  • Paid Holiday’s/Holiday Premium Pay
  • Promotional Opportunities
  • Employee Assistance Plan

OP
OP
deadhead

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
We have just opened up some new EMT positions of anyone is interested. Come get a chance to run 911 calls. Or become a cowboy/girl at a Renal Rodeo provider.

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
We have just opened up some new EMT positions of anyone is interested. Come get a chance to run 911 calls. Or become a cowboy/girl at a Renal Rodeo provider.

it is pretty unprofessional of you to make such a comment. So just because someone doesn't want to work at Emergency Ambulance they have no other option that to work at an ambulance company that provides more dialysis transports? Please........Get over yourself and your company.

OP
OP
deadhead

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
it is pretty unprofessional of you to make such a comment. So just because someone doesn't want to work at Emergency Ambulance they have no other option that to work at an ambulance company that provides more dialysis transports? Please........Get over yourself and your company.

Toyskter86. Sorry if you find it offensive. But, it is what it is. It's the reality of being a nonemergency provider in the LA basin, unless of course you work for us or one of the other 6 other companies left that have 911 contracts. Btw. This is not a LA Times ad, it's a blog/bulletin board.The EMTs in this forum continually call it the Renal Rodeo and I'm okay with that. If that's not your thing, so be it.

OP
OP
deadhead

deadhead

Forum Crew Member
We also opened up a EMD position for anyone interested in dispatching.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Renal Roundup is so much more fun to say....

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Here in FL we always said Sling Lizards or Q-Tip Patrol (think on it, you might get it).

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
its a patient, that's the point. I don't have anyone close to me that needs dialysis transports, but if i did, i would want the EMTs to be just as professional during a non-emergency transport as they would being on scene of a 911 call. Just because their is no captain on scene doesn't mean professionalism should go out the door. There are very chronically ill renal failure patients that need continuous monitoring during transport, NOT ALL, but there are those out there.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Lighten up Frances....you think this level of unprofessional description occurs on scene? And furthermore, I am insulted that you would involve a "Captain" in this....what the hell is a Capt and why do you think I or anyone else would only behave if one were there? LOL...what a weird system you operate within and you certainly sound misguided if you yourself think good behavior only comes with the Capt watching or the opposite of bad behavior because he isn't. LOL...

wtferick

Forum Captain
its a patient, that's the point. I don't have anyone close to me that needs dialysis transports, but if i did, i would want the EMTs to be just as professional during a non-emergency transport as they would being on scene of a 911 call. Just because their is no captain on scene doesn't mean professionalism should go out the door. There are very chronically ill renal failure patients that need continuous monitoring during transport, NOT ALL, but there are those out there.
There's a reason Brea fire loves emergency ambulance
Great employees no matter the type of call.

JohnTheEMT

Forum Crew Member
When i used to run a few of those dialysis calls i was professional with the patient and the whole aspect of patient care. What i tried to say is what is so cool about running those calls when many of those patients only require a wheel chair van and rarely a gurney van. Hopefully soon enough medicare will stop paying for those calls and these IFT only ambulances will resort to something else. I think EMERGENCY ambulance is doing a fine job in promoting themselves for young emts to work for them than going to the renal rodeo and not learning jack $@#! . Who really went to emt school to run those calls anyways?

BASICallyEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member

Why so serious?... You need to develop a sense of humor idk how u work in this field without one. I imagine u never worked as a rodeo clown like a lot of us here have. I can tell u even rodeo clowns are professionals :)

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
The people Emergency employees, my hat goes off to. Haven't met a bad crew yet. Great group of people.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
The people Emergency employees, my hat goes off to. Haven't met a bad crew yet. Great group of people.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have no idea how it is to work for the company, BUT as someone working in EMS and living in Emergency's coverage area I second fishing's comment. Being on the other side, there was 2 instances where Emergency had to transport a family member of mine and they were both great emts, great people. This wasn't an "ems best foot forward hookup." They had no idea I worked in ems.

hindsight 20/20, if i could rewind the clock i most definitely should have tried more actively to seek employment with them than stayed at my bls ift through medic school.