EKG advice

Eric hall

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys I would appreciate if anyone can tell me if there is anything abnormal about this ekg, the monitor didn't have 12 lead ablity so it's just your standard 4 cable readout, any help or information would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• rps20141007_035932.jpg
    rps20141007_035932.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 477

tpchristifulli

Forum Crew Member
Without a 12 it's hard to give you anything diagnostic. I would be suspicious of possible Left Ventricular Hypertrophy and some what appears to be S-T depression.

captaindepth

Forum Lieutenant
First, this is a zoomed in view of the EKG because the size is amplified by 1.5x.

The rhythm is normal sinus at 76 bpm with ST depression in the inferior leads (3-4 mm of depression but that is with the amplified tracing) and what looks like a hint of ST elevation in the high lateral leads. It would be nice to see the whole 12 lead and at a normal size.

OP
OP
Eric hall

Eric hall

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the replies so far, sorry for not having a 12-lead but it's not the best monitor device. Also, that isn't blood merely a stain from the kids lol, I had to double check when I read that however

OP
OP
Eric hall

Eric hall

Forum Ride Along
I actually did manage to get a 12 lead to work, not sure why leads v1-v6 show up bolder than the rest, I'm not to familiar with zoll monitors.

Attachments

• rps20141007_101803.jpg
    rps20141007_101803.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 319

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
60 cycle interference. Is this from a patient, or your own ECG? It sounds like the latter.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
NSR, LVH criteria present, ST-changes in inferior leads that are non-diagnostic.

OP
OP
Eric hall

Eric hall

Forum Ride Along
Yeah it's the latter, it was plugged into a wall outlet charging, which seems to be a common issue.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Yeah it's the latter, anyway to correct for the interference?
Remove whatever electronic device is causing the interference, and take it to your cardiologist. We don't offer medical advice here.

Anjel

Forum Angel
NSR, LVH criteria present, ST-changes in inferior leads that are non-diagnostic.

Woah there. Look who it is. I'm surprised you remembered your user name and password.

Christopher

Forum Deputy Chief
Zoll M/E-Series often exhibit 60-cycle interference when plugged into the wall to charge. I recommend unplugging it or ensuring the notch filter is active. Reviewing the 12-Lead's printout I do not see any mention of a notch filter / mains filter.

The limb leads are recorded in monitor mode, which on a Zoll E/M is pretty aggressive. Something like 1 Hz high-pass and 21 Hz low-pass. This makes for a very distorted view of both amplitude and ST/T-waves. Real time high-pass filters "shift" some of the signal in time, unfortunately the portions of the signal they shift are the portions which have the highest amplitude.

The 12-Lead looks pretty normal to me, excluding the 60-cycle interference. Slight sinus arrhythmia with normal variant ST/T-wave changes.