Eight fans injured during last lap crash at Talledega

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Eight fans were injured this afternoon when Carl Edwards #99 car impacted the fence near the start/finish line at the conclusion of the Aaron's 499 NASCAR race. Six were treated and released from the track care facility, while two were transported via air (due to traffic). One of the two airlifted patients suffered a possible broken jaw, while the second experienced chest pains. No details on their condition, while the remaining six were injured by flying debris. If you were watching, you won't soon forget it...

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/hea...ce.fans.injured.talladega.cedwards/index.html

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I watched it as it happened, and I must say that I was impressed that the fence held as well as it did.

WannaBeFlight

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah, That wreck was pretty awesome!

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Was Ricky Bobby injured? I'll donate blood right now if he needs it.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Was Ricky Bobby injured? I'll donate blood right now if he needs it.

no but he was seen running in his undies down the track with Cal Naughton Jr. chasing him trying to put out the invisible fire.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Since someone already made the Ricky Bobby joke, I'll go the Carlos Mencia route.

Was he driving the Saltines car? After all, we should give the Mexicans the home depot car and have the whites drive the Saltines car.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Since someone already made the Ricky Bobby joke, I'll go the Carlos Mencia route.

Was he driving the Saltines car? After all, we should give the Mexicans the home depot car and have the whites drive the Saltines car.

lmao
10 characters