Dumbest thing you have been asked

VentMedic

Forum Chief
What is with you GR1N53N and your need to sway me to agree with you about EMRs and volunteers?

No more PMs! I'm tired of reading your drama. All I did was post a few questions and they were not necessarily directed at you. None of them have your name attached and these are questions many volunteers are now being asked. But, you have made me your mission both on and off line. If you want to put this to the forum START A NEW THREAD.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic417

The Truth Provider

timmy84

Forum Crew Member
Well thats a dumb question Vent is a she.:p

Sorry Vent! That would have been a clever post had I known it and made the mistake of purpose... too bad I didn't :blush:

Last edited by a moderator:

emt_aj

Forum Ride Along
I called a full arrest into the hospital on the HERN Radio. Here is how the report went:

me: **** ER, **** ER. Alpha 17 priority traffic.
ER: go ahead Alpha 17
me: inbound to your facility with a 65 y/o male pt in full arrest. CPR in progress. following ALS protocol. how do you copy?
ER: copy what are the pt's vitals?
Me: pt is in full arrest. cpr in progress.
ER: Copy what are the vitals?
me: well since we are doing CPR breaths aprox 12/min pulse aprox 100/min
ER: copy see you in trauma 1 on arrival.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I called a full arrest into the hospital on the HERN Radio. Here is how the report went:

me: **** ER, **** ER. Alpha 17 priority traffic.
ER: go ahead Alpha 17
me: inbound to your facility with a 65 y/o male pt in full arrest. CPR in progress. following ALS protocol. how do you copy?
ER: copy what are the pt's vitals?
Me: pt is in full arrest. cpr in progress.
ER: Copy what are the vitals?
me: well since we are doing CPR breaths aprox 12/min pulse aprox 100/min
ER: copy see you in trauma 1 on arrival.
Excellent. You should have replied:

Well what do you want them to be? We can change the pulse and respirations as desired by Medical Control!

JesseM515

Forum Crew Member
While going through a combat lifesaver course at an army base, we learned the brilliance of the NPA. We partnered up and I was shocked that we were actually told to put them up each others noses. I went first and my partner shoved it all the way up my nose while I gagged and gasped in pain. After I took about 5 minutes trying to pull the damn thing out, he asked the instructor "Are you sure we are supposed to put that thing all the way up there?" He laid down and I tilted his head back and right as a I stuck the tip in he started gagging and said he had a cold and his nose was clogged and he couldnt do it!!! This guy is about 250 pounds of straight muscle and I am about 180 and skinny so to see him with tears in his eyes and experiencing so much agony BEFORE I even began to insert it really gave me a great sense of joy. = D

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
Did you guys use any lubricant before trying to just stuff it in there? What about sizing it up to mke sure that it would fit in the hole?

JesseM515

Forum Crew Member
Did you guys use any lubricant before trying to just stuff it in there? What about sizing it up to mke sure that it would fit in the hole?

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!! sorry couldnt help it...

according to our instructor we had everything done correctly. We did use a fair amount of lubrication and sized them correctly although mine felt like it was jamming me in the back of the throat...

JesseM515

Forum Crew Member
"Why does my poop smell different than my farts?"

hhhmmm....one of the worlds ageless questions. Maybe due to a different level of methane gasses in the passing of gas compared to solids? Im not sure on this one but then again I DONT SPEND ALOT OF TIME SMELLING MY OWN WASTE!!!!! = D

piranah

Forum Captain
"so you have to go to school to just drive an ambulance?..wow." hmm I had then found out at what temperature blood boils lolol....

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!! sorry couldnt help it...

according to our instructor we had everything done correctly. We did use a fair amount of lubrication and sized them correctly although mine felt like it was jamming me in the back of the throat...
Oh God! How did I miss that one!!!!!!

Oh boy, glad that wasn't on scene or I'd be hearing about that one for a month!

Fireguy

Forum Crew Member
Arrived on scene at a local nursing home for chest pains. The LPN buzzes the door open for us with a very confused look on her face.

EMT: Good morning, we are with ***** EMS, which room are we going to?
LPN: uh....you were requested to come here?
EMT:.......yeah, for the 78 y/o F with chest pains
LPN:uh....we just had a shift change so i dont know anything about it let me ask the other nurses.
After having a discussion with a few other nurse
LPN:like i said we just had a shift change and we have to contact the last shift
The driver thought he would be clever and go into the resident lounge area and ask who had chest pain. Ha, and about nine residents raised thier hands. We also figured we could spot our PT by thier physical condition but most of them looked like they needed a hospital.

17-20 min later we had found our patient after the LPN had called one of the nurses on the prior shift.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Arrived on scene at a local nursing home for chest pains. The LPN buzzes the door open for us with a very confused look on her face.

LPN:uh....we just had a shift change so i dont know anything about it let me ask the other nurses.
LPN:like i said we just had a shift change and we have to contact the last shift
The driver thought he would be clever and go into the resident lounge area and ask who had chest pain. Ha, and about nine residents raised thier hands. We also figured we could spot our PT by thier physical condition but most of them looked like they needed a hospital.

17-20 min later we had found our patient after the LPN had called one of the nurses on the prior shift.

Keep in mind there is more patients in a nursing home than just the patient you are coming to pick up, and the nurses handle more patients at once than you are likely to see a day. They don't always have information on who is going out and who is not, especially if it's not one of their patients.

OP
OP
Medic744

Medic744

Forum Captain

Been there. Its even better when they don't even have the complaint that was originally called in. More than once I have gotten stuck on the NH to ER and back shuffle. Its really bad around the holidays.

Fireguy

Forum Crew Member
We put up a poster outside the station for volunteer recruitment. The headlines in big red letters read "VOLUNTEERS NEEDED". We had someone walk in and ask about the pay and benefits.:huh:

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
We put up a poster outside the station for volunteer recruitment. The headlines in big red letters read "VOLUNTEERS NEEDED". We had someone walk in and ask about the pay and benefits.:huh:

Here is how you should answer that person...

Pay- One Free Meal per call.
Benefits- Helping others in a time of need

medic417

The Truth Provider

See even the public thinks it is ridiculous to give our professional services away for free.