driving record & licensing question

kristenpeace

Forum Ride Along
Hello all, new user...
I have a question regarding the disqualifications of the ambulance driver certificate. I was hired at a private ambulance company last week and my last step is to take the ambulance driver written test at the dmv. I was just made aware of the fact that I have an at fault accident causing bodily injury on my insurance record. I hit a car in a parking lot going 2 mph last december, and the woman claimed it caused bodily injury. At the time, my insurance lady said she had no chance and she would take care of it. However, it is now on my insurance record. From what I understand, this would disqualify me from obtaining my certificate. I have been in tears as this is my dream job...is there any hope for me when I arrive at the DMV tomorrow to take my test? This is the first I heard that it was on my record...thanks in advance

Anjel

Forum Angel
Hello all, new user...
I have a question regarding the disqualifications of the ambulance driver certificate. I was hired at a private ambulance company last week and my last step is to take the ambulance driver written test at the dmv. I was just made aware of the fact that I have an at fault accident causing bodily injury on my insurance record. I hit a car in a parking lot going 2 mph last december, and the woman claimed it caused bodily injury. At the time, my insurance lady said she had no chance and she would take care of it. However, it is now on my insurance record. From what I understand, this would disqualify me from obtaining my certificate. I have been in tears as this is my dream job...is there any hope for me when I arrive at the DMV tomorrow to take my test? This is the first I heard that it was on my record...thanks in advance

Well... from the website.

Accident(s): The driver has been involved as a driver in any motor vehicle accident causing death or bodily injury or in three or more motor vehicle accidents during the preceding one year period (Vehicle Code Section 13372)

We can't give legal advice. But I would contact a lawyer and see what you can do about getting that off your record.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Also your insurance record is different than your driving record.

So it depends what is actually on your driving record with the DMV.