Don't Grab Shower Chairs...

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Saw this on a paramedic job board...

* Details for*** LAWYER WANTED IN LAFD PARAMEDIC GROSS NEGLIGENCE CASE!!! ***
* Address:North Hollywood, CA 91605 (map)
* Date Posted:07/30/10
* Job Type:Contract

Description NO RECOVERY, NO FEE LAWYER WANTED IN PARAMEDIC GROSS NEGLIGENCE CASE!!! My Dad had a stroke on the 24th and I called the LA Fire Dept(LAFD, LA City) Paramedics. In the process of transporting him they grabbed a random chair(without checking to see how it was made or how strong it was) in my house to carry him downstairs. The chair broke in two and my Dad fell and broke his back(10th lumbar in to several pieces!). The chair was a “shower chair”, made of hollow aluminum, and was designed to separate into 2 pieces by hand. It’s not bolted together, but snaps together. It was designed for an older person to sit(sit only) in the shower with only. It was never designed to carry a person by grabbing the top and bottom two legs. This is a clear case of a screw-up/gross negligence by the LA Fire Department! The LAFD Paramedic vans always carry carrying equipment such as backboards, roll out flexible tarp/nylon stretchers and conventional 2 pole stretchers. The paramedics failed to use their own carrying equipment and instead made a terrible choice by grabbing this shower chair without even turning it over to see if it was even bolted together!! I need a gutsy lawyer with balls who is willing to take this to trial if necessary!! No wimpy lawyers need apply here! They odds are high that the City of LA will settle if threatened with a lawsuit. They will pay rather than go to trial! A panel of jurors will almost certainly sympathize with my father and his terrible injury at the hands of the incompetent LAFD Paramedics. If you can handle this or know someone that can, please get back to me!
Ad ID: 4954422

Read more: http://losangeles.ebayclassifieds.c...gence-case/?ad=4954422&mpch=ads#ixzz0vKf8Cl9y

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
You know orange is a good colour .... lots of things come in orange like oh I don't know; HEMS Doctor jumpsuits, Thomas Packs, stair chairs ....

58p_DSC00797.jpg

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
"The LAFD Paramedic vans always carry carrying equipment such as backboards, roll out flexible tarp/nylon stretchers and conventional 2 pole stretchers."

Paramedic vans?
Flexible tarp/nylon stretchers?
CONVENTIONAL two pole stretchers?!

sir.shocksalot

Forum Captain
"The LAFD Paramedic vans always carry carrying equipment such as backboards, roll out flexible tarp/nylon stretchers and conventional 2 pole stretchers."

Paramedic vans?
I guess that "paramedic unit" responded straight out of the museum 0.o lol

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
I suspect the poster is not telling the full story.

There are an abundnace of contgency basis lawyers to handle cases like that. They adverstise everywhere.

Did that person try any of them?

Why is he resorting to a online message board to find an injury lawyer....?

My friend was in a car crash. When she got released from the ER, within hours, she started getting phone calls from lawyers office.

Apparantly, either the PD, Ambulance Crew or someone at the hospital has an arrangement with a lawyer and her phone # got slipped to his office.

ZVNEMT

Forum Lieutenant

Paramedic vans?

my company uses pole stretchers, i actually like them, sort of. i just wish they would upgrade to a rubberized canvas instead of... regular canvas... and wooden poles...

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Somebody sneered at the the "Flexible tarp/nylon stretchers?"

MegaMover anyone? I haven't been on an ambulance/aid car/medic unit in the past 10 years that HASN'T had one. And yeah, I use them often. :)

OIS-56307_d.jpg

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Interesting, they have those mega-movers on our checkout sheets at work, but I've never actually seen one, I guess the company doesn't want to supply them to us down here.