Do you get xmas bonuses?

Joe

Forum Captain
Exactly the title. As Christmas approaches does your service do anything for the employees? Gift cards, cash, or anything else? I checked the mail today and was pleasantly surprised to receive a little something. Ive only been with my present company a month or so. So...

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Yea. The bonus is holiday pay since you are more than likely going to be spending your christmas at work <_<

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Yes sir! Just got an awesome bonus check from my department! Came in just in time for my Christmas shopping :D

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
we get a poke in the eye.

apparently, it's a violation of ethical rules to give employees anything. or hold a bbq in the spring. or do anything other than say thank you for all the hard work we do.

we do get time and a half (well, sorta double time and a half) for working during certain holidays.

but no, no christmas bonus (or any types of bonuses ever).

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
We get time and a half for any Ot shift . Double time for Christmas and new years (plus 8 hours stat pay)
the last couple years we haven't gotten anything. Before that was a coffee mug and a license plate holder.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Yea. The bonus is holiday pay since you are more than likely going to be spending your christmas at work <_<

Lol

We get a bonus every other pay period. It's called FLSA pay. My record is an additional $2100 gross on a check. Last check had $1400 or so of FLSA. Fair considering our work week is 56 hours. Have to get that back somehow.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Christmas, Boxing and New Years Day plus the Day after New Years are all paid at double pay plus a day in lieu.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Holiday pay and on major holidays the supervisors of the company cook us all lunch/dinner. It's actually really good.

They will also leave snacks in the deployment area for us.

Last year the general manager sent out an email of a video making fun of all the supervisors.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Every day I have a retirement breakfast, lunch and dinner.....

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Got a $1000 "longevity" bonus that we get each year in December before Christmas, but don't call it a Christmas bonus because that would be insensitive...:rofl:

Minus taxes and 401k, so it's more like $500, but it's still pretty awesome. :beerchug:

Oh, and they catered an all-day banquet serving classic American, Creole, Italian, Asian, and Latin food.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Forum Captain
Thats pretty cool that places are still doing this. Ive had some friends amazed when i told them/asked. Goes a long way in keeping morale up

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
We get end of year bonuses after our yearly performance review. Bonuses range from around $400 to $1600. Plus holidays are time and a half.
Also food on holidays is paid for by the department.

Last edited by a moderator:

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
My service is a volly so we get no bonus. My non EMS job the one that pays the bills i think we get a bonus.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
20 dollar chipotle gift certificate to all student sports medicine staff. I appreciate the goodwill gesture and I like chipotle.

Considering I am a student I am happy to make a decent wage period, anything else is gravy.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
20 dollar chipotle gift certificate to all student sports medicine staff. I appreciate the goodwill gesture and I like chipotle.

Considering I am a student I am happy to make a decent wage period, anything else is gravy.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/7FTWZyoYo48[/YOUTUBE]

http://youtu.be/7FTWZyoYo48

Whatever, this won't embed and I just don't care. I'll care more in the AM

Last edited by a moderator:

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
All we get is a ration of crap if we don't volunteer to work on Christmas.

But I'm an OT :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: and love getting the holiday pay...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Holiday pay is your regular shift + 8 hours.

I got 100$ bonus as well. Had to work turkey day bay have Christmas and New Years off :)

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
We get double time for working Christmas or New Year's Day (vs 1.5x for other holidays) plus either a lieu day or if you're having your stats paid out another 12 hours at straight pay.

Other than that we all got a card from the Chief. (Actually personally signed which is mildly impressive with 400+ staff.) The crews always arrange pot lucks at our stations. At mine we also do a gift exchange and the tree is going up tomorrow.

emsdude89

Forum Ride Along
Where I work, we get time and a half on "company" holidays. We don't get any kind of monetary bonus. Last year we got little EMS "trauma packs", cheap-o things. This year we got to chose between a hat and a stocking cap. You could have both, but I'll be if you didn't have to payroll deduct one of them. :huh:

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I gave every single one of my 53 employees a bonus this year.

They worked hard and it is because of their efforts and dedication that I am able to have profit to redistribute back to them.

$1000 cash and $50 gift card to Darden Chain Restaurants (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Bahama Breeze)...

They were happy!