The Truth Provider

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
Stephanie.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I have come to realize that I take things in this career too personnel. I care way more than I should, especially with the way some people are. It just seems as if they are too quick to jump to 'complaints' than asking me for my specific reasoning. I need a hug. :sad:

medic417

The Truth Provider
I have come to realize that I take things in this career too personnel. I care way more than I should, especially with the way some people are. It just seems as if they are too quick to jump to 'complaints' than asking me for my specific reasoning. I need a hug. :sad:

Heres a hug from a fellow Texan. hug

medic417

The Truth Provider
OP
OP
Stephanie.

Stephanie.

Forum Captain
I have come to realize that I take things in this career too personnel.

I meant personal.

I figured I would correct myself before someone else attacked me.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I meant personal.

I figured I would correct myself before someone else attacked me.

People here attack spelling? Never just ask Chimpie.:p

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
How dar yu missspel antyhnig?

Signed,
The Alphabet Nazis

(aka Mycrofft, former fire dispatcher)

Last edited by a moderator:

AtalantaAsh

Forum Probie

I'm exactly the same way chica!

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
My favorite from tonight was a 15 min + call - dude wanted marriage advice.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Last night we ran to the same hospital 5 times in just over 2 hours, once was for a patient with a suspected seizure, and literally one hour and 1 call later, we get called to transport them back.

We finally get cleared to go to the station for end of service, just finished cleaning the truck and we got a page from dispatch going "Wait wait wait, we have an emergency call coming out of 'that hospital '"

Darnit. I go back and call in to the radio, and just then we got another page going "JUST KIDDING!"

Just proof positive of how evil dispatchers are. <_<

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Steph, I will give you a hug anytime you want. :blush:

As for your original post, have you ever dispatched? not attacking, honest question. Have you actually done the job that you are fuming about another person doing incorrectly?

Allow me to tell you a story from my past. Me and not my regular partner were dispatched to a fall victim as xyz st. that's all we get from dispatch. so my two person BLS ambulance is sent. and we pull up to the scene, and it's a construction site. Not only that, but the patient is located two stories down, walk 50 ft, and climb a ladder up 1 story, to find our patient supine with back pain. suffice it to say, additional resources of the City FD Ladder, Rescue and Deputy Chief were requested for and my agency's #2 manager, the nearest ALS unit and on duty supervisor all decided to buff the call. The reason I tell this little story was I was pissed, how a dispatcher could not ask if the person was under ground? and I did ask her. her answer: "I did ask them, they (the callers) said they would be able to get the patient out with the resources they had." So she did her part and asked the questions, just got bad answers from the caller.

One other thing, I recently (in the last 6 months) became cross trained as a dispatcher at my per diem job. and I used to complain how horrible all the dispatchers were, and how incompetent many are. Since I have completed the training, and see all the stupid rules and regulations they need follow, and see why they have some of the issues they have, I understand why problems exist, and many want to correct them, but they are hampered by upper management's rules and regulations. Some dispatchers are poor dispatchers, and they should be better, and I like to think I do the job better than half the dispatchers that have been doing this for a while. And this was after I had been dispatching at my other job fora while, which was a much busier system, and was certified as a dispatch instructor by two agencies for the past 5 years.

Bottom line, you can complain all your want, but unless you can do the job better than they can, who are you to say anything about their job performance? and if you aren't willing to learn how to do their job, and actually work behind the desk, how can you say they are doing it poorly, since you can't even do it?

Last edited by a moderator:

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Our emergency ambulance communications centre does a great job .... although I pronounce EACC as "Eek" so it kind of reminds me of Eek The Cat, man wasn't he awesome? :D