Denver EMS - fridge in the EMS lounge at Saint Anthonys North Broken

Pocn

Forum Ride Along
I am warning all EMS in the Denver area. The fridge in the EMS lounge at Saint Anthonys North is broken!!! They still have Weds normal burritos and green chili but otherwise just chips and warm drinks. Please spread the word to fellow EMS personnel so no one is impacted by this tragic event.

Last edited by a moderator:

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Seriously? This deserved a thread? They normally have nice fruit and cookies anyway that don't need the fridge.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
i am warning all ems in the denver area. The fridge in the ems lounge at saint anthonys north is broken!!! They still have weds normal burritos and green chili but otherwise just chips and warm drinks. Please spread the word to fellow ems personnel so no one is impacted by this tragic event.
HATE. HAAAATE.
(mostly envy)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Really?

Hey... You're doing better than most places. You have an EMS room. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I am warning all EMS in the Denver area. The fridge in the EMS lounge at Saint Anthonys North is broken!!! They still have Weds normal burritos and green chili but otherwise just chips and warm drinks. Please spread the word to fellow EMS personnel so no one is impacted by this tragic event.
Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

If you think that's roughing it, come play in ABQ. We have 1, maybe 2 EMS rooms. And usually there's nothign in them

OP
OP
P

Pocn

Forum Ride Along
And we are now tied in the "People That Can Still Laugh at the Small Things" vs "Hating Haters that Hate" race!!!!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I can see your life on this site being prreeetttyy short. :rolleyes:

(I still chuckled at the post.)

JPINFV

Gadfly
If you think that's roughing it, come play in ABQ. We have 1, maybe 2 EMS rooms. And usually there's nothign in them

You think that's bad, the resident lounge at my hospital is generally infested with medical students...

OP
OP
P

Pocn

Forum Ride Along
I can see your life on this site being prreeetttyy short. :rolleyes:

(I still chuckled at the post.)

I have been lurking on this site for about two years now. I decided to post this. From working in the field my humor seems to go well with a lot of other people. Maybe I should keep this site strictly to asking questions to justify myself when an RN puts me down at the ED.

OP
OP
P

Pocn

Forum Ride Along
I have been lurking on this site for about two years now. I decided to post this. From working in the field my humor seems to go well with a lot of other people. Maybe I should keep this site strictly to asking questions to justify myself when an RN puts me down at the ED.

Having said that....

The other day I had a call to take a pt to a 72 hour mental eval. Pt bought rat poison and vodka. Pt had no history of depression or suicidal thoughts just alcoholism. He had a fall several days prior to this event. In transport I noticed his left pupil was slightly larger then right. I passed this info off to receiving RN that gave me the response that was directly in between "Who cares" and "I don't know what you are saying". My thoughts are blown pupil, head injury, AMS, maybe cause of new suicidal actions. My questions are - Can it take a while for a blown pupil to show? How long can they last? What are your thoughts on this scenario?

Summit

Critical Crazy
You think that's bad, the resident lounge at my hospital is generally infested with medical students...

fumigate!

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
The other day I had a call to take a pt to a 72 hour mental eval. Pt bought rat poison and vodka. Pt had no history of depression or suicidal thoughts just alcoholism. He had a fall several days prior to this event. In transport I noticed his left pupil was slightly larger then right. I passed this info off to receiving RN that gave me the response that was directly in between "Who cares" and "I don't know what you are saying". My thoughts are blown pupil, head injury, AMS, maybe cause of new suicidal actions. My questions are - Can it take a while for a blown pupil to show? How long can they last? What are your thoughts on this scenario?

Anisocoria can be benign, chronic from trauma or disease, or acute which can indicate an intracranial process.

How big of a difference between the pupils? Was the dilated pupil reactive to light? Consensual?

a blown pupil is usually a late sign of increasing ICP.

Gymratt

Forum Probie
Who needs a fridge when posting?? LOL

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Every hospital here has an EMS room...

Gymratt

Forum Probie
The ems room here consists of tables and vending machines which is open to everyone that works in and around the ED such as cleaning staff, security guards and multiple services. There is no fridge and the coffee maker is for the security only. It is at least well cleaned that I will say as the cleaning staff break here they keep it very nice. The nurses lounge is very nice but is off limits to us so I personally keep a cooler that you can plug into a power outlet to keep things somewhat cold.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Seattle (and surrounding areas) had very nice EMS rooms. Swedish always had lots of snacks, Northwest had a nice supply of sandwiches, the Franciscan hospitals always had soup and Auburn had a huge fridge crammed full of food for EMS. There's nothing here in DE.

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
We actually get in trouble in the ED I'm at here in Austin if our EMS room isn't stocked with food. I'm not sure who makes the call and who makes it "mandatory", but it is apparently. Seems to be that way in all of the hospitals around here (St Davids and Seton). Nothing "special" is really included though, as it is the same stuff that is available to patients in addition to staff. Oreos, chips ahoy cookies, graham crackers, saltines (because people enjoy those), assorted juices, and a fairly decent packaged deli sandwich.