Critical Care Paramedic ?

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
Looking to get into the field to be a CCP/ Flight medic, I also know I need a few years of experience, what I want to know is where can I get started or take classes at ?

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
Are you an EMT-B yet? Google EMT classes in your area and start there. You have a LONG way until you have a chance to be on a flight team.

OP
OP
S

Srt4ever

Forum Crew Member
Are you an EMT-B yet? Google EMT classes in your area and start there. You have a LONG way until you have a chance to be on a flight team.
I'm a paramedic. And I have an the one local people who put on classes no longer do them anymore.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Creighton university ems education puts on a damned good distance learning ccp class. No cert attached to it but it prepared me to sit for the fpc after I was finished with it

Rick Tresnak

Forum Crew Member
The University of Iowa has a great program also. Rosemary Adams actually works there, (Author of Transport of the Critical Care patient) GREAT PERSON!!!
AABpADszvs0Ot25soXHECOowa
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nov7ain6gyt38bn/AABpADszvs0Ot25soXHECOowa?dl=0

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
There's a couple decent threads on here, one running currently, about Critical Care certifications.

The "gold standard" is the CCEMTP from UMBC. Not saying it's the best but it's the most widely required and accepted.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
There's a couple decent threads on here, one running currently, about Critical Care certifications.

The "gold standard" is the CCEMTP from UMBC. Not saying it's the best but it's the most widely required and accepted.
Heh which always messes me up since that's the one I haven't done. I've done the iaccpm.com one and Creightons

BigBad

Forum Crew Member
I would find what flight agency you want to work for first, ask to shadow for a day and find out whats what. A lot of places have their specialized CE places that they are just going to send you anyway as a flight medic. For example, after you're hired it's required you obtained your FPC within 6 months of hire date.