creighton univ CCP course

ffemt101986

Forum Probie
I'm in the application process of the CCP course at Creighton University. I'm looking for any advice at all before I tackle this program.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I've not taken the Creighton course so hopefully someone else can help you. I did take the UMBC CCEMTP last year though. If the Creighton course is anything like the UMBC course its very condensed and fast paced. I would study whatever prep material they give you prior to the course and start reviewing the main course text, which is more than likely either "Critical Care Transport" or "ASTNA Patient Transport: Principles and Practice". More than likely you will receive a custom binding (at least we did at UMBC). I would also strongly recommend taking your BCCTPC FP-C or CCP-C after completing the course instead of deciding you want it later once you have forgot the info

OP
OP
F

ffemt101986

Forum Probie
Is there a benefit to the FP-C vs. CCP-C? My goal is to fly however if I decide to work for critical care ground transport agency first would the honor FP-C?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
If your even slightly considering flight I would get the FP-C, it can be extremely competitive and many programs require or recommend FP-C when hiring or within 1 year of hire. I am not sure if a ground critical care transport agency would desire the FP-C, but I sure it couldn't hurt, especially when paired with your CCT course.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I took the Creighton CCP course. Good program. Semester long so it's not quite like drinking from a fire hose. It also includes a lab and practical day in Nebraska and yiu have to do clinical time too. Good instructors. Got me very well prepared to take my fpc