traumaluv2011

Forum Lieutenant
400212_10150631992413273_206246733272_11203438_1319988361_n.jpg

Joe

Forum Captain
Nice! I love seeing our amr rigs on cool scenes

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Nice photo. Glad to see we aren't the only AMR shop that still run vanbulances :D

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Joe

Forum Captain
Its all we roll! There is talk about some chevy mods tho

Joe

Forum Captain
i think it was in ct. atleast thats where the op is from. i havent seen a ca rig with the flag. all the ones ive seen have the caas logo on the door

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
i think it was in ct. atleast thats where the op is from. i havent seen a ca rig with the flag. all the ones ive seen have the caas logo on the door

Some of them do. Our rigs are a mix of nothing on the door, the CAAS logo, or the American flag.

We got 4 rigs from a division somewhere in California that closed down and all the rigs had the American flag.

Joe

Forum Captain
oh right on. i always thought the flag looked a little cheesy imo. i would kill to have one of the rigs with the new paint scheme. we had a couple of 2011's that had the big AMR logos put on but some cheap place and now there wondering why there peeling off after only a couple months...

silver

Forum Asst. Chief

the helicopter is a CA Shock Trauma Air Rescue. So I'm going with CA.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Man, who parked the engine perpendicular on that road?! :p

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Man, who parked the engine perpendicular on that road?! :p

Works for blocking traffic, but I agree. Unless there's more pavement than appears in the picture, somebody went offroading with an engine.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Unless there's more pavement than appears in the picture, somebody went offroading with an engine.

Not necessarily. I guarantee you I could put that motor in that position without touching dirt, and have done so on similar roads on several occasions. They have a better turn radius than you would think :p

By the way, nice picture OP :D

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Not necessarily. I guarantee you I could put that motor in that position without touching dirt, and have done so on similar roads on several occasions. They have a better turn radius than you would think :p

So could I, but it would be a multiple point turn to do it. Doesn't seem worth the effort really.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

Why not just have app at a 45 degree angle on the road. Much safer that way. Motorist hits the app, and the energy is diffused more into the engine, less into the car. At the perpendicular angle, the app will take less energy as there's more force holding it to the ground (Won't skid as much because of the way the tires are angled) and the car takes more energy and crumples way more.

Also, it's easier to get out of a 45 angle than the 90 :p Just drive straight, no need to back!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
But then the picture wouldn't have looked as good as it does!! Gosh guys critiquing everything :p

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Agreed, and 99% of the time that's how it's positioned- angled to deflect cars away from the scene. However there has been a run or two that positioning perpendicular to the road was beneficial. However, there's always more than just a single apparatus blocking traffic, be it another truck and/or PD unit(s). Perks to big city ;)

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
the helicopter is a CA Shock Trauma Air Rescue. So I'm going with CA.
Yep,that MD belongs to CALSTAR. Although I can't see the left-seater all that well (lots of glare), I'm pretty sure I can see a helmet there, facing front. That means they're landing... It most certainly is a great photo!

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
However, there's always more than just a single apparatus blocking traffic, be it another truck and/or PD unit(s). Perks to big city ;)

Agreed! We had an engine, two ambulances and 5 squad cars of various flavors today. Although we don't really use our units to block traffic unless absolutely necessary.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Agreed! We had an engine, two ambulances and 5 squad cars of various flavors today. Although we don't really use our units to block traffic unless absolutely necessary.

Must be nice to have resources like that. On more than one occasion, we've had to shut down the highway with just one rig, a few firefighters with signs, and some road flares.