confused

Theone

Forum Ride Along
I recently went to an interview and I took their emt test and went through their screening process etc..

The thing I'm confused about is on the test i was asked to write a short paragraph on my ability to decide if it was necessary for the patient to use the ambulance stretcher or a wheelchair. Now based on the scenario they gave this made no sense and when i asked one of the medics he said its just has to do with the insurance companies, I'm guessing the wheel chair is a transportation service? idk any help

Anjel

Forum Angel
I recently went to an interview and I took their emt test and went through their screening process etc..

The thing I'm confused about is on the test i was asked to write a short paragraph on my ability to decide if it was necessary for the patient to use the ambulance stretcher or a wheelchair. Now based on the scenario they gave this made no sense and when i asked one of the medics he said its just has to do with the insurance companies, I'm guessing the wheel chair is a transportation service? idk any help

What was the scenario? Maybe they want to know if you know how to properly move a patient?

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief

I'll answer this...

Convalescence services don't work the same way as 911 services, as far as billing goes. Every patient you transport is supposed to NEED to travel by ambulance, and should be unable to be transported using a (cheaper for insurance) wheelchair van. The company wants to make sure you are capable of differentiating whether a pt needs stretcher transport or not, so that you only accept transports that you'll end up getting paid for.

OP
OP
T

Theone

Forum Ride Along
That makes a little more sense now thanks. I guess I flunked that part of the test big time. Well onto the next interview and hopefully I'll be way more prepared. :)