• Cataldo

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Fallon

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

imurphy

Forum Captain
Well guys! I'm at a crossroads.

So after 6 months of doing nothing (DHS wouldn't let me work!! Darn Aliens!) I have 2 offers for a job now I have my paperwork FINALLY in order.

I have run the numbers, and both companies are offering around the same pay once you take into account medical insurance deduction etc. So I'm now looking for your opinions.

So, who should I work for and why?

Cataldo and Fallon are the 2 companies that are nice enough to offer me jobs!

JPINFV

Gadfly
I've only heard good things about Cataldo and was impressed with the facility and equipment when I interviewed there in December.

OP
OP
imurphy

imurphy

Forum Captain
Thanks JP.

That's the general concenous I'm getting in Chat!

dslprod

Forum Crew Member
go for the co. with the best uniform ! Lol jk

congrats and go with ur instincts im sure these companies are both good judging from the votes.

emtfarva

Forum Captain
Who ever you work for I can tell you will be busy...

Both companies just got a very busy contract. You will probably be working in Boston. You can expect to work your little tail off and still be very late for calls. I know we were and we have the most ambulances in the state. Oh, be prepared to take long trips, like to other states. Good luck. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wacko: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, I would choose Cataldo by the way. One question did you get your ten dollar gas card when you interviewed with Fallon?

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeN

Forum Lieutenant
cataldo. Go with cataldo. Cataldo has better pay and nicer trucks. Fallon and cataldo teamed up since they have totally different service areas and stole the partners contract from amr. So 2 already busy companies will be getting busier

OP
OP
imurphy

imurphy

Forum Captain
Guys thanks for all your help.

Based on your advice, and some discussion with some staff from each company, I've made my decision!

Thanks all!

emtfarva

Forum Captain
Guys thanks for all your help.

Based on your advice, and some discussion with some staff from each company, I've made my decision!

Thanks all!

So, where?............................

OP
OP
imurphy

imurphy

Forum Captain
I chose to grace Cataldo with my presence!!

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Good Choice! Just know about the incoming fecal storm re: shift of contracts...

OP
OP
imurphy

imurphy

Forum Captain
Yeah. Guess they're gonna be Busy! But that's good, more shifts!

And thanks for all the info ya gave me in Chat dan!

emtfarva

Forum Captain
Yep, good luck with that. Have fun between Fallon's 80, Cataldo's 47, and Atlantic's 17 Ambulances. We have 215 and still couldn't keep up. Plus you have the BI and the Faulkner to deal with. Good luck. Oh, I hope you like Maine, and most of the other New England States.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Yep! And there is little chance you are going to get any relief from EasCare-- we have our own hands full with BMC and a new garage in Stoughton... trying to pick up contracts down there...

Good luck responding to the CCTs from Newton Wellesley. I guess thats what Fallon's Waltham garage is for...?

What is happening to AMR's 911? I presume you will keep most/many, there is no reason not to, especially the South Shore, but what about Newton and Waltham?

mikeN

Forum Lieutenant
Is the fallon base in Waltham even there anymore?
Amr has the Waltham contract for a few more years. They just resigned it a few months ago.

NEL21SON

Forum Ride Along
Pro EMS

While this thread is new and we are on the topic of Boston area private companies, Does anybody know anything about Pro EMS in Cambridge? All of the pay/ benifet info can be found on the website but I was wondering if anyone knows how they are to work for? Thanks

NEL21SON

Forum Ride Along
Is it hard to get on to Pro as a Basic? It seems like a good company to work for and a place to get some great experience. Just Got my Basic License this morning andd I applied online so we'll see I guess.

mikeN

Forum Lieutenant
I work at Armstrong and Amr always called us to do bwh discharges when they couldn't handle them. Since we are cool with cataldo and kind of cool with fallon I'm sure we'll be getting calls out of their still.

huey28

Forum Probie
i would just apply pro is kinda a small company... there not always hiring just what ever you do DONT GO TO PATRIOT!!! they suck there clicky and treat people like crap