Colored Gloves

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I really really really want some PINK gloves in size Medium. I have having an equally hard time finding them.

Anybody got a dealer?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Nitrile or Latex? I don't think you'll have a problem in latex, but nitrile will be hard.

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd prefer Nitrel. Cant seem to find them though. Ive been looking all day. I'll settle for latex if I hafta...

but don't ya think I'd look great in Pink Gloves!!:p

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
How about green gloves in peppermint scent? :huh:

Those are some fancy gloves there partner lol. We just have blue Nitryle.

But why scented? Do we really need to be sniffing our gloves on calls looking like we're trying to get high on some overgrown wearable markers? ^_^ :p

Last edited by a moderator:

disassociative

Forum Captain
As long as I can see the pt data I just wrote on mine with my
ink pen; I am fine with the color.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Search for tattoo supply companies... They sell lots of gloves, too.

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
Hahaha, yeah, we only have blue Nitrile, too, but we have a choice between long cuffs and short cuffs. (I really hate putting on the long cuffs.)

Yea, I hear that. We ran out of large gloves one day on a call, we didn't realize it so we grabbed the long gloves, oh yea, what really made them suck was that they were the thick heavy duty kind. They were stiff and heavy, they sucked.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Yea, I hear that. We ran out of large gloves one day on a call, we didn't realize it so we grabbed the long gloves, oh yea, what really made them suck was that they were the thick heavy duty kind. They were stiff and heavy, they sucked.

I must be a minority here, because I like the thick, heavy duty, long cuff type of gloves. Then again, we see a fair amount of bloody trauma out here.

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
I must be a minority here, because I like the thick, heavy duty, long cuff type of gloves. Then again, we see a fair amount of bloody trauma out here.

Yea, then I could see you wearing them. But just for a routine call I hate em'.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
At work, we used to have the long-cuff gloves, but it seems someone ordered short-cuff ones this time. I like the long-cuff ones... they give a little more protection, but make reading a watch a little more difficult... I sometimes carry a pocketful of the lightweight "Freeform SE" gloves that the volly squad uses. and have a pair or 2 of the thick, extended cuff ones in my back pocket for Skells or messy calls.

I can't feel a real diffenence is my assessment ability with the thicker gloves.

I will say this, though... the Freeform gloves "feel like latex" as in they strech and feel very "thin"

Last edited by a moderator:

gradygirl

TROUBLE

Hahaha, yeah, I have a hard time with glove sizes. Depending on the brand, I either wear a small or an extra-small.

Our long cuffs aren't any different in weight from our short cuffs. And don't get me wrong, I'm more than appreciative for the extra coverage when needed, but in general, they're very much a hassle. Besides, doing 3 calls in an hour and a half gets interesting because as your hands sweat more an more, you almost have to cut the long cuffs off to remove them. :wacko:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Dangnabbit! Not again!

BrandoEMT

Forum Crew Member
Did you ever find your hot pink nitrile gloves you want? I have some...I get them from the bio labs at school...I can look up the brand and order number if you'd like me to...just email or PM me.

TheDoll

Forum Captain
Hahaha, yeah, I have a hard time with glove sizes. Depending on the brand, I either wear a small or an extra-small.

Our long cuffs aren't any different in weight from our short cuffs. And don't get me wrong, I'm more than appreciative for the extra coverage when needed, but in general, they're very much a hassle. Besides, doing 3 calls in an hour and a half gets interesting because as your hands sweat more an more, you almost have to cut the long cuffs off to remove them. :wacko:
i'm just wondering...do you not change gloves between patients?

gradygirl

TROUBLE
Hahahahahah, of course we do. That's the problem, we're peeling the old gloves off just as we're having to put the new ones on!!!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Hahahahahah, of course we do. That's the problem, we're peeling the old gloves off just as we're having to put the new ones on!!!

You ever tried the cotton liners for gloves? They're not perfect, but they do help.