Class Camaraderie / Mess from instructor

KirkAndrzejewski

Forum Probie
Just received a message from my instructor that made me smile. So I got thinking. Anyone have any funny or happy moments they remember of their class? The camaraderie? Your relationship with your instructor? I'd love to hear your stories

The message

To ALL of you-

"Your level of professionalism is progressing very well. Keep it up! Your grades are good, and you are all on the right track. Keep up the good work, keep studying, and be ready for the road.

We will have a small quiz on Monday.

The subject of the quiz will be Johnny Cash's song "Hurt". I have put a link to this song on this post. The quiz will be about EVERYTHING about this song. The lyrics, the meaning, the symbolism of the video and parts, the original version of this song, EVERYTHING.

I want you all to watch it, research it, dissect the video, dissect the information, and appreciate why it has over 11,000,000 views on YouTube. We will review briefly before this quiz.

This is no joke, there will be a quiz on Johnny Cash on Monday.

Just a heads up, mid-term evaluations will be coming shortly. I will be meeting with you each individually to discuss your progress and your future. I know you ALL, and I'm not shy about telling you how it is. You will get your grades, progress, but most importantly an assessment on how you have progressed, and where you excel and need work before you hit the road.

I'll see you all on Monday, and be sure to thoroughly investigate my "sweetest" friend, Johnny Cash.

I'm not kidding on this. There will be a quiz on Johnny Cash.

XXXOOO,
Brian

P.S. It may not seem like it, but as a whole your level of intensity has increased incredibly. I expect 1/3 of the progression to happen by now, and 2/3 to happen in the last half of class. You are right on track. I wish I had video of you all from the first week of class! You'd be AMAZED. Oh, and study up on Johnny Cash. There IS a method to the madness."

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Nope nothing like that. Nursing college had a dine after the BSN graduation and some of us composed and performed "The Nursing Process Blues", though.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Is this for EMT or Paramedic?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'm interested. Isn't Hurt about being addicted to heroin or an I thinking of a different song?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm interested. Isn't Hurt about being addicted to heroin or an I thinking of a different song?
I haven't been a giant fan lately, but I'm pretty sure it was. Or the recovery. One of the two.

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
That was a great video. I can see lots of parallels for us as EMTs. It would be interesting to hear how it was used in class, and how the discussion went.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Hurt is by Nine Inch Nails.. It was on The Downward Spiral album.

Covered by Johnny Cash, and IMO one of those songs that's actually better as a cover performance. If I remember correctly, it may actually have been the last song Cash ever recorded.

MrJones

Iconoclast
Covered by Johnny Cash, and IMO one of those songs that's actually better as a cover performance. If I remember correctly, it may actually have been the last song Cash ever recorded.

Trent Reznor is on record saying that hearing Cash sing that song was like seeing an ex-girlfriend with someone else and realizing that she would never again be yours (or words to that effect).

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

I agree, I think his version was better than Trent Reznor's..

My husband has his last album, "Ain't no Grave", it has a few covers on it, Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down" -which is fantastic- and Depeche Mode "Personal Jesus"..