Chopper 5 HD video used to clear paramedics

alphatrauma

Forum Captain
So, the studies confirm what we knew anecdotally - truama arrests almost always stay dead?

basically

In close to 20 years of field/ER/ICU/OR... I cannot remember seeing first hand, or hearing of any successful outcome after trauma arrest. Does it/can it happen? Sure, people win the lottery all the time.

As far as "working it a few minutes on scene" to see what happens, then calling it... not in my neck of the woods. You start working a patient, viable or not, you'll more than likely be working that patient until you clear the ED.

- just posted from my phone. I love technology :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
basically

In close to 20 years of field/ER/ICU/OR... I cannot remember seeing first hand, or hearing of any successful outcome after trauma arrest. Does it/can it happen? Sure, people win the lottery all the time.

As far as "working it a few minutes on scene" to see what happens, then calling it... not in my neck of the woods. You start working a patient, viable or not, you'll more than likely be working that patient until you clear the ED.

- just posted from my phone. I love technology :)

Ya'll still transport working codes? I know out here if you work it till you're satisfied they ain't coming back, we can call MCEP and ask for permission to terminate.

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
Our system differentiates blunt versus penetrating traumatic arrest. I haven't seen the studies, but am told that penetrating traumatic arrests do have a chance if taken a trauma center. Don't remember the percentages, though.