Child to 911 dispatcher: 'My daddy killed me..."

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Child to 911 dispatcher: 'My daddy killed me with a butcher knife'

TACOMA, Washington (AP) -- A seriously wounded 8-year-old boy calmly described his father's deadly knife rampage during a call for help to 911. "My daddy killed me with a knife and I'm gone," the boy told a dispatcher. "Can you please send the Army men or the ambulance?"

The soft-spoken child gave a wrong address and then hung up. But a second dispatcher called back, keeping him on the line while a frantic search was under way.

[Read More!]

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
It staggers the imagination...this little boy's courage, the loss of his mother, the fact that he survived....I have NO words regarding his father. :( <span style='color:purple'></span>

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I saw this on the news - they had the tape and a transcript. Very very sad. No child should even think about things like this let alone go through them. :(

kyleybug

Forum Crew Member
That just goes to show how truly amazing all kids are. They are so innocent that I guess horror just doesn't sink in right away. I NEVER want to take a call like that, I can only hope I never have too.

Ray1129

Forum Crew Member
That's....speechless. I'm speechless. If I were the police officer that went on that, the perp wouldn't be alive and I would be in jail. End of story. Some people are just disgusting. Utterly disgusting.

-Ray :angry: