Cheap One-Way Valves

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm looking to purchase 25 one-way valves for a CPR facemask.

Does anyone have a source cheaper than BuyEMP who sells them for $3.65 each?

Thanks!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
http://www.cpr-pro.com/replacement.html

2050-S.jpg

(1) Item @ $2.49 Each

or

(1) Package of 25 Valves @ $2.39 Each: $59.75

or

(1) Package of 100 Valves @ $2.19 Each: $219.00
http://www.cpr-pro.com/replacement.html

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I just found that site, the prices are really low on BVM's and the manual suction devices.. I may buy some replacement parts, etc,. now that I've found them @ the great price.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
But does that sound cheap to you? The one-way valve seems like it should cost less than a dollar. What am I missing?

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
:rolleyes: This is a world built on the all-mighty dollar, my friend.. as I'm sure you know.

There are such a great list of supplies that would be great to have, but nobody that just makes money on billing will ever be able to afford. The companies that sell our equipment know that we need it, they know we cannot procure it with out them (any emerg. med. supply comp.), and they know we can't do our job with out it... So, they have us by the um.. you know.. and wrapped around their corporate fingers. Supply and demand is what they'll tell you, it's how much it costs to produce, deliver, and pay the bean counter who built it in some third-world country. But what they really want to say is, we have it, and you need it.. pay up.. or go with out. :censored:

I'll look around for ya, I like to carry those valves in my kit b/c you can slide them into the fitting on an adult BVMask, or over the fitting on a child/infant BVMask and use it as a CPR device as needed.

I think mine came from Moore Medical, b/c that is where I bought the kit I found the initial CPR mask in.. Maybe they are called MicroMasks?

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Is this for the EMS Club? Because you can buy one way valve trainers for less than that, you just have to decon them after each use.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Matt, if you can hold of purchasing them until Wednesday, I'll be in the office then and can find out what I can get them for.

Chimp

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
ffemt8978 said:
Is this for the EMS Club? Because you can buy one way valve trainers for less than that, you just have to decon them after each use.

That's exactly what I was planning on doing :)

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Chimpie said:
Matt, if you can hold of purchasing them until Wednesday, I'll be in the office then and can find out what I can get them for.

Chimp

I can wait. Thanks chimp :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
MMiz said:
That's exactly what I was planning on doing :)
Yeah... there are trainer valves out there for masks....

Where I teach, we use BVM masks, and every student gets a 1-way valve that is sanitized between classes.... we have hundreds, and only clean them when we start to run out.

Jon