Chance of getting hire by AMR?

LeoLi4

Forum Probie
I would like to know for those that got hired by AMR, how long did you waited after you got your interview and got hired?

I pass the written test and went through the interview about a month and a half ago. After the interview, I was told that I will hear from them the following week. But no call or anything from them that week, so I called in and was told that they haven't make the decision and will have the result by next week. Called them again for the next few week and got the same answer. To a point I just gave up to call knowing that I will have the same answer plus I don't want to be too pushy. So it's been a month and a half now, what do you guys and gals think my chance of getting the job? Does it usually take this long for them to make the decision? Any input would help. Thanks.

Hal9000

Forum Captain
They forgot to send me my hire letter. I sent them a letter thanking them for their time, and the next day I got a call from Portland informing me that I should have had an offer letter a long time ago, and that my orientation started in a couple days.

First impressions, you know...

I was interviewed, did my practical, and was then offered the spot before I took the test, and I understood why the test didn't matter too much after I took it.

Your situation seems a bit different. AMR is very large and their systems of course each have their own idiosyncrasies. I would just get a new job during the interim. Remember that you're interviewing to see if you wish to work there, too, so I'd go onward and upward.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I was offered a job as I was leaving the interview.

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
i got the call the day after the interview, then the letter/packet the following week

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
i got offered a job after i filled out my app and took my test.......sat there asking questions to hr and then she "interviewed" me....that happened on a thursday, got my letter on friday and started orientation on monday. it doesn't surprise me though that its taking a while for ya, amr's not really known for being quick about stuff.