Bugs

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
We have a full commercial car wash at HQ as well. When a truck goes in for standardization or a spare comes back they get washed. Thankfully we haven't switched to central deployment and won't any time soon. I don't mind washing and checking my own truck and I certainly wouldn't trade my home station for a VST.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We have a full commercial car wash at HQ as well. When a truck goes in for standardization or a spare comes back they get washed. Thankfully we haven't switched to central deployment and won't any time soon. I don't mind washing and checking my own truck and I certainly wouldn't trade my home station for a VST.

A station would be amazing but we are too high-volume. Sometimes we would have time to wash the unit but most of the time it wouldn't get finished or even started for that matter.

Plus we have hard posts that we can end up assigned to when we sign on so it's a fair trade for someone taking care of the truck for us.

Sorry for jacking the thread, Goo-Gone works really well, still takes a bit of elbow grease though.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Hot water, soap and a medium-ly stiff brush. Works well for me.

Side not, if you live where it snows, ever noticed how the front of the rig gets nasty in the summer, and the back gets nasty in the winter?

OP
OP
truetiger

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
I live in Missouri, so we get hit with bugs and snow. We have the brushes attached to the long poles. Soap and water only seem to do so much and you can only scrub so hard. We have some unknown "bug spray" but it doesn't seem to help at all. It's bought in bulk and put into pump bottles so I have yet to see the actual product container.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Side not, if you live where it snows, ever noticed how the front of the rig gets nasty in the summer, and the back gets nasty in the winter?

Isn't that the truth. The only exception is during snow storms when the whole damn rig is nasty.

cruiseforever

Forum Asst. Chief
I am a big fan of Zep-o-shine soap. It also waxes the truck at the same time. When we started to use this stuff the trucks became easier to keep clean.