Bugs

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
Anyone have any tips for knocking bugs off of your rig? Seems the commercial spray they give us isn't doing the trick...

JPINFV

Gadfly
Read the label. For the Sani-Wipes the instructions says to keep the surface moist for a minimum of 60 seconds for most bugs, but some require significantly longer. Just a quick wipe isn't enough.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I just go to a gas station and put a little bit of elbow grease into it. Works every time.

OP
OP
truetiger

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
I should of been more specific, I'm talking about the areas that are hard to reach. Like around the lights. Seems no matter how hard you scrub they don't come off.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Oh... wrong type of bugs...

OP
OP
truetiger

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
Read the label. For the Sani-Wipes the instructions says to keep the surface moist for a minimum of 60 seconds for most bugs, but some require significantly longer. Just a quick wipe isn't enough.

Next time I wash my rig feel free to climb up there and Sani-Wipe the light bar...

EMSDude54343

Forum Lieutenant
Use bug & tar remover with some type of sponge that is wrapped in mesh, works great on bugs. For the hard to reach places try and find one of those windshield washers you find at the gas station but with a longer pole, should be able to find one at a truck stop.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I just use a really tall partner with a scrub brush to get the light bars and such.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Simple Green works great also. But be prepared to rewax your rig when you use it as it strips the wax completely off.

OP
OP
truetiger

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
I'll have to try the Simple Green. We have big scrub brushes but no matter how hard you scrub its almost impossible to get the bugs from in between the LEDs.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Pressure washer works pretty good.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
I find the most effective is to wash as soon as you can. If the truck has a day to roast the bugs are way worse then washing at the end of the shift. I'll also do just a quick rinse and no soap scrub mid shift when the bugs are really bad to take them off. Of course we're pretty temperate here so the bugs don't bake on too quickly.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
We have VSTs that wash our rigs every night...call me spoiled :D

We have the exact same setup as a coin-op car wash in our garage with all the bells and whistles. Best part is you don't need coins and employees can use it except in designated high-volume times.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We have VSTs that wash our rigs every night...call me spoiled :D

We have the exact same setup as a coin-op car wash in our garage with all the bells and whistles. Best part is you don't need coins and employees can use it except in designated high-volume times.

Us too, company owners also own a car wash so we have some pretty heavy duty stuff. Our trucks are cleaned well everyday by the crews and it shows, I think we've got the cleanest trucks in the city. We have an actual car wash in the base too but that doesn't do crap for any significant grime and there were too many accidents in it so now it's OOS for everyone.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Us too, company owners also own a car wash so we have some pretty heavy duty stuff. Our trucks are cleaned well everyday by the crews and it shows, I think we've got the cleanest trucks in the city. We have an actual car wash in the base too but that doesn't do crap for any significant grime and there were too many accidents in it so now it's OOS for everyone.

They do a really good job of keeping ours clean as well. Washing them after every shift definitely helps with that too.