Boots

RDUNNE

Forum Crew Member
What kind of boots does everyone where (if your service even requires you to where boots)? I have Itasca steel toed 8 inch top.

arawn

Forum Ride Along
I just recently bought myself a pair of HAIX...I love them. Yes, they are pricey, but I recently had major foot surgery on both feet and these boots fit like a glove.

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
I just got Rocky FirstMed 8inch boots...they seem pretty sweet

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
For Ambulance:
Winter time: Danner Ft. Lewis Dry-Ice 600 g Thinsulate with saftey NMT.
Summer: Either Danner Acadias or Un-insulated Ft. Lewis NMT.

SAR:
For winter SAR I like The Ft. Lewis, Summer SAR I like to wear non-waterproof light hiker type boots, or sometimes just plain old leather loggers boots.

Fire:
For wildland fire I wear Danner Flashpoint NFPA cert. wildfire boots.

I guess I'm a Danner boot fan.:p

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
Converse with composite toe.

Very comfortable, lightweight, offering steel toe protection, yet your feet won't fry in them when the temperature outside is 140 degrees.

Plus the price isn't too terrible.....

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Matterhorn 10" TigerTip SAR boots. Last pair of these I owned lasted for 7 years and are still wearable.

8jimi8

CFRN
This is what I want, when I get a job.

Haix AIRPOWER® X1 U.S.

i have to admit i'm a gear junkie and the "bellows" system as well as the $70 lifetime refurbish program has me jonesing.

reaper

Working Bum
Converse with composite toe.

Very comfortable, lightweight, offering steel toe protection, yet your feet won't fry in them when the temperature outside is 140 degrees.

Plus the price isn't too terrible.....

I am with you. Converse are great boots. Comfortable and very light. Love them.

Only other boot I like is an Altama. Well constructed and comfortable to wear. Just heavier then the Converse.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I guess I'm a Danner boot fan.:p

Danners are the BOMB. I have multiple pairs of boots (I do SAR in CO... IMO a good pair of boots is the most important piece of equipment for anyone) but my Danners are by far the most durable, comfortable and waterproof.

And I know they look ridiculous with my uniform, but in the winter I wear my Sorel Caribous.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Working on my second pair of Bates 8" TPF Steel Toe Zipper Boot from Galls. The first pair lasted over 2 1/2 years and were worn nearly every day at the firehouse or on the unit. They fit great right out of the box, and at $100, they won't kill your budget, either.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
My favorite partner does that also! At first I thought she was wierd, but now I dont think it is a bad idea.:p

After helping to take care of team member's frost-nipped toes because they wore their tac boots in the snow, I don't give a flying *** what they say about my caribous.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
After helping to take care of team member's frost-nipped toes because they wore their tac boots in the snow, I don't give a flying *** what they say about my caribous.

That is what I like about the Ft. Lewis NMT Dry-Ice Danners. 600 grams of thinsulate.................^_^ The only problem is in early spring, too cold to switch to un-insulated, too warm for winter boots. I have been experimenting with a pair of med. insulated Acadias though, so far so good!:p

paemt08

Forum Probie
Today I just got a great deal on a new pair of Bates 8" Ultra Lite Side Zip. Got 'em on sale for $65, which means I only have to pay $5 for them since my agency covers $60. Sweet!

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Rothco 6"
Just got them today actually. Really really comfortable and seem pretty durable.

I figured i needed them for future employment as well as the fact that I'm signed up with our County's Medical Reserve Corp. We have a Plane crash drill on monday. got volunteers to be dropped off in the water off of the pier as survivors. Coastguard, AMR, and the MRC are taking place and we're all gonna be doing Triage and transport.

Should be fun and good experience, gonna have choppers doing airlifts too!

runninhot

Forum Ride Along
Bates Ultralites with Goretex, 8 inch, side zipper. If you have an Academy nearby you can pick some up for around 90 bucks. They feel comfortable and you dont have to break the bank to get some. I have no complaints about them. There is little or no break-in time to them. Academy in my opinion is the best place to buy boots if you do not want to buy online. Check them out here::ph34r:

http://www.academy.com/index.php?pa...s/service&start=0&selectedSKU=0548-04498-0008