Bi-Weekly Newsletter

Would you like to receive a bi-weekly EMTLife newsletter?

• Yes!

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • No!

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Well...

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm wondering how receptive you'd be to an opt-in bi-weekly (twice a month) EMTLife newsletter. It would include the most active discussion topics, and would hopefully encourage members to visit the site and contribute.

Our anti-spam policy is by far one of the strongest on the internet. We've only once sent out a site-wide email, and that was when we moved to the new forum software.

I'd like to increase participation in the forum, and I see a newsletter as an opportunity to do that. Of course every member will be able to unsubscribe from the newsletter, and we'll make changes as we receive feedback.

What do you think?

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Hah! I'm the only vote so far.

A newsletter wouldn't bug me too much. The more non-spam email that I get the better.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I think a once-a-month would be more "friendly", but I'm open to hearing others' thoughts.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
i think any site flourishes with quality posters, not quantity posters MMiz

~S~

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
I agree with Steve-o on the quality posters, but I can also see Matt's point on getting more people in to view and respond... I'd just hate to see this forum get as "mucked" up as another forum (that shall remain nameless) with "TOO MUCH" participation. Although a newsletter wouldn't bother me either way.

Add an educational piece.... or a Tips piece.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
an educational piece?

i recieve a 'Code Q of the day' that keeps me up in the electrical trade

i can see how a similar mailing would hone our ems skills...

~S~

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Chimpie said:
I think a once-a-month would be more "friendly", but I'm open to hearing others' thoughts.
I agree. Monthly sounds much better.

Maybe we can team up with DT4EMS and have a small article from him. Just ideas at this point :)

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
MMiz said:
I agree. Monthly sounds much better.

Maybe we can team up with DT4EMS and have a small article from him. Just ideas at this point :)

I have to say that I think that is an excellent idea. I think that Kip provides some great information, and an article here & there would be nice to see.

I don't know how he feels about it, but he gets a vote anyway. ;-)

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Absolutely, I think it's a great idea and I think once a month is perfect. We have some wonderful writers on here and brilliant people too. DT, Rid, Princess, WHKR (please come back to us!!) and several others could really contribute some great insight in a newsletter I think. If they're willing of course.

I'm not all that concerned with the site turning into every other forum either. Our core group has never let it happen and we have had a handful of people who have tried.

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I have my reservations about this idea but don't see why we shouldn't at least try it on a trial basis. I agree with Chimpie in that monthly would be a good start.

emtbuff

Forum Captain
I wouldn't object to a newsletter but I do think that for starting off it would be better to do it monthly or even if we really wanted to we could try bimonthly to get things figured out with what to include and so forth.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Stevo said:
i think any site flourishes with quality posters, not quantity posters MMiz

~S~
Hey!!!

I like the idea... and monthly sounds better for now... the newsletter will be a lot of work.

And I LOVE The idea of "trivia" and DT4EMS tidbits.

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
So again did this happen? If so why did it stop? If not can it happen?
I think monthly is a great idea!

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
So again did this happen? If so why did it stop? If not can it happen?
I think monthly is a great idea!
It didn't happen. Maybe we can get a volunteer to compose a monthly newsletter with the help of the CLs? Lets see where this one goes.

babygirl2882

Forum Captain
ya i think it would be a great thing!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I think the newsletter starting off once a month is a good idea!:)

Jay114

Forum Crew Member
I too think its a great idea...
That makes 19 posts agreeing that it's a great idea and zero posts saying "sure, I'll volunteer!"
This may be one of those things where one needs to ask specific folks to help with the launch...then others will jump on board and keep it afloat (I love nautical themes)
Not that I'm volunteering :blush:
An EMT-Basic student is not the person to launch an EMS newsletter; I barely know how to hold the oar ;)

Last edited by a moderator: