Best resuce shear sheath!!

samiam

Amazing Member
I just found what I have been looking for, for months... It is a kydex shear sheath that is custom made by robert at www.survivalsheath.com (it is not listed on website:sad:) but here is a picture. He will make it for any brand/length of shears and can make it horizontal or vertical

DSC01414-1.jpg

It costs 25 bucks and about 4 to ship... Many colors too!. It can also be easily cleaned with alcohol etc..

info@survialsheath.com
(503)623-9538
P.S. Tell him Andrew s-m referred you please!

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
What's wrong with keeping them in your pants pocket or in the trauma bag?

OP
OP
samiam

samiam

Amazing Member
Nothing.. I just prefer to have as little as possible in my pockets and to know exactly where they are. Also I really like the fact that it is plastic and can be washed out easily.

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
Its a nice piece, but for the price mine will stay in my pocket. i dont use mine enough to justify a holder.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
I like that. I'll need to keep it in mind if I decide to replace my current holster. I've never been fond of the really big holsters since I don't see a need to carry bandage scissors, hemostat, tweezers, etc. on me, but I do like to keep stuff on my duty belt so that I don't have them on me or in my pockets between calls.

Any picks of how it sits horizontally?

OP
OP
samiam

samiam

Amazing Member
I only saw the vertical one but the horizontal one I ordered is on its way so hopefully I will be able to put up a picture in a week.

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
So I was on the right track when I figured it was custom and kydex. Was this the exact one you saw though and mentioned in your prev. thread though?

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
i have holders built in to my pants

OP
OP
samiam

samiam

Amazing Member
So I was on the right track when I figured it was custom and kydex. Was this the exact one you saw though and mentioned in your prev. thread though?

It was not the exact one mention previously I have yet to see the doc again who had it however this new one is very similar though I don't believe the docs was made of kydex this one is a little more compact and i think will work better.

JPINFV

Gadfly
What's wrong with keeping them in your pants pocket or in the trauma bag?

What I like about holsters, be it the ones that are a part of the pants or the ones that attach to the holsters, is the shears are in a static location relative to me. They're always at the thigh or always in the small of my back and always accessible. To be honest, doing IFT and waterpark first aid, I didn't need them often, but it was nice to have them when I did need them.

OP
OP
samiam

samiam

Amazing Member
Here are the pics

Sheath arrived to school last month but I was on break so I was unable to post pics

Attachments

• IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0036.jpg
    IMAG0036.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 68

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Now you just need one for your rolls of tape (like a Magazine holder), pens, bvm, ;)

I have a lanyard, the kind with a breakaway section in case it gets snagged (or grabbed), and I wear it around my neck. I have a ballpoint pen and small Sharpie marker, both have a small keyring loop in their lids, and these are attached to a keyring at the end of the lanyard. There's also a roll of 1" tape slid down one end of the lanyard, so it's sitting right above the pen and marker. :D

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I didn't realize where one sticks one's shears was such an issue. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
samiam

samiam

Amazing Member
Now you just need one for your rolls of tape (like a Magazine holder), pens, bvm, ;)

Thats next on my list i am going to send him some tape and a pair of gloves and have a few more custom made to fit the gloves perfectly
:)