Banned list

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
(I could have sworn that I saw this brought up on this site before, but I searched through the "Suggestions" section, and I didn't see it.)

Would it be possible to have a brief announcement when somebody is banned, explaining why they were banned? Just a brief announcement or explanation would ease my curiosity, and I am sure it would do the same for others. If you don't want to do it for privacy reasons, that's understandable.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
No...we don't ever discuss that type of information with anyone other than the person receiving it.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
(I could have sworn that I saw this brought up on this site before, but I searched through the "Suggestions" section, and I didn't see it.)

Some threads and posts vanish into the ether here. Like this one will in about a page. I do believe this has come up before, but I'll let the mods give their rationalization.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I've seen banned lists on PBN, and usually they just have lots of listings for SPAM... no one really bothers to check it, so what's the point?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
someone was banned?

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
if someone gets banned won't it say banned underneath there names in their old posts? like as in the guy who started th 100% directionless thread

OP
OP
medichopeful

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
if someone gets banned won't it say banned underneath there names in their old posts? like as in the guy who started th 100% directionless thread

Yes, it will. But it won't say why they were banned.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Summit

Critical Crazy
The secrecy is unhealthy.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm sure if it bothered you that badly, it coud search his posts and see what he did wrong..

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The secrecy is unhealthy.

We don't think so. We view it more as a matter of privacy and respect of our members and not as a matter of public interest.

Several members have received temporary bans, and have come back to be productive members of the forum. What purpose would it serve for us to make a public post about a temporary ban, other than to humiliate the member receiving it?

NJN

The Young One
People are banned for breaking the rules. Pretty simple, i agree with Wu, if your really that interested put your detective hat on and search.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
We don't think so. We view it more as a matter of privacy and respect of our members and not as a matter of public interest.

Several members have received temporary bans, and have come back to be productive members of the forum. What purpose would it serve for us to make a public post about a temporary ban, other than to humiliate the member receiving it?
In regards to this though. Why can we see warning on our profile page? I had a warning for a very minor infraction when I was still new to the forum, and it still shows up on my profile! It says expired, but certainly this does not need to be broadcasted to everyone that I was new once and missed a rule?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
We don't announce or elaborate on member bans because it's just not right. Members are banned for a variety of reasons, and it's really between the member and the CLs as to why they were banned. Our rules are posted, and we have an infraction point system when a member violates the rules.

It's punishment enough that a member is banned, no need for a public lynching.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
In regards to this though. Why can we see warning on our profile page? I had a warning for a very minor infraction when I was still new to the forum, and it still shows up on my profile! It says expired, but certainly this does not need to be broadcasted to everyone that I was new once and missed a rule?
Only you can see your warnings, no one else.