Bad day at Bowers?

I wonder which kidney-mobile companies in LA will go after the newly open contracts, looking to buy new Range Rovers.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I wonder which kidney-mobile companies in LA will go after the newly open contracts, looking to buy new Range Rovers.

LOL! That's exactly who the hospitals want. People that are going to be sly, dirty and ben over backwards for them. Be it illegal and the improper billing of medi-medi to those patients nurses just wanna get ridd of but "can't find them a ride" I swear you think the gov would be following the kidney companys around. We would probably fix the defecit.lol

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I was one of the ones cut. There were a lot of good people let go.

I have met Paul Scarborough and I do not like him. You will find me working back in retail before you see me in an ambulance run by him, and for those that know how much I love what I do, that should mean something. I'd do it for free if I didnt have bills.

R/M is both loosing and cutting contracts. A lot of them were unprofitable. I think they made too many cuts to staffing, and I dont say that just because I was one. Even the all might Kaiser contract doesnt pay that well, so I found out.

It doesnt look like I will have too much trouble getting a job. I expect an offer from PRN later this week, from the mouth of a supervisor there, and am hoping that another interview goes well tomorrow for "accelerated hiring" somewhere else. Fingers crossed. Nothing promised yet.

I am sad to see so many people going to liberty, personally, let them run themselves into the ground. You can already see that they are doing it with Providence, and PRN is picking up their slack. :rolleyes:

Oh well. Its all a bunch of drama. The worst thing for me was losing my family at Bowers. The last few months there have been terrible because of this Providence thing and it affected everyone's mood, especially after we lost it. Before all of this it was a great place to work. I loved the people there, I just hope I am lucky enough to work with people just as nice where ever I end up.

Its been less than a week and I already am going crazy. I just want to be back on a rig.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
NPO why don't you take a look at Hall ambulance in Kern County? Great place, protocols. They pay for you to go to medic school aswell

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
NPO why don't you take a look at Hall ambulance in Kern County? Great place, protocols. They pay for you to go to medic school aswell

I interviewed with them a month ago but they didnt like my date for availability (December). I called twice to tell them I am available now, but they havnt gotten back to me.

OP
OP
CURMUDGEON

CURMUDGEON

Forum Probie
I saw that. I emailed HR.
REALLY???? Here's the ad line:

Overview:

This is a BOWERS AMBULANCE Job Posting, with openings located in our Los Angeles County Stations including Long Beach, Los Angeles, North Hollywood, and outlying Hospitals.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Thats in all of their postings. I talked to the supervisor. He told me to put in an app and put his name on it. I'll be calling HR to discuss rehire options

Gimpy17

Forum Probie
I'll be calling HR to discuss rehire options

Why? I was a 5.5 year employee of Bowers and was laid off also. The way they handled everything was absolutely terrible....don't go back.

I don't recommend R/M or Bowers to anyone.

Gimpy17

Forum Probie
Paul is a good guy, I've met him a few times and he know's what he's doing they basically built Pacific up from a single ambulance dispatching themselves out of an apartment into what they are now, well before he sold and it went to hell.

Paul did not sell Bowers/Pacific because he was not an owner, Ray Iskander and Brian Cates were the owners who sold to R/M.

Gimpy17

Forum Probie
When selling, you always value your business at much more than it is worth so you don't lose on the counter offer. R/M should have researched it better.

That is Fraud. Value your business accurately, if they make a counter offer that is too low you don't have to accept. Simply prove the value of your company, don't inflate numbers. (In a perfect world of course)

But yes, R/M should have researched better.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Why? I was a 5.5 year employee of Bowers and was laid off also. The way they handled everything was absolutely terrible....don't go back.

I don't recommend R/M or Bowers to anyone.

5.5 Years huh.. Gonna have to figure out who you were lol. Medic or EMT?

I loved working there. It was the people, they made it fun to come to work. I got pretty good experience for an IFT company. I would go back in a heart beat, until I can get an offer in a 911 setting and finish pre-reqs for medic school.

Gimpy17

Forum Probie
5.5 Years huh.. Gonna have to figure out who you were lol. Medic or EMT?

I loved working there. It was the people, they made it fun to come to work. I got pretty good experience for an IFT company. I would go back in a heart beat, until I can get an offer in a 911 setting and finish pre-reqs for medic school.

I am an EMT but wasn't in the field anymore, perhaps my name "Gimpy" might give you a clue?

Sure, most of the field staff were good people, but management/corporate oversight has gone to :censored::censored::censored::censored:. They are rehiring 2 weeks after lay offs? Come on!! Huge red flag they don't know what the heck they are doing! Or they are trying to rehire EMT's for a cheaper rate.

You can do better then R/M. I was promised a different position within the company by managers only to get laid off...sinking ship, take your severance pay and go to a different company.

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
lay off all employees that were making good hourly rates, then rehire same or new EMTs at extreme low rates and save money.

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
lay off all employees that were making good hourly rates, then rehire same or new EMTs at extreme low rates and save money.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the norm..

For all you SoCal guys lacking employment, I heard Care Ambulance from LA/Orange county is hiring quite a bit of EMTs due to recent expansion into LA City, and addition of units to their LA fire areas. Check it out! I've heard nothing but good things about em'.

That, and I may or may not work, or have worked there.^_^

dhump4free

Forum Crew Member
popcorn_2.gif