Back

nyc.ems

Forum Crew Member
to understand new york you have to work in new york,you have to live in new york.but i agree there are some who scare me too when im teching that day the drive

OP
OP
Chimera911

Chimera911

Forum Crew Member
Beegers said:
Well they took me off Cataflam and put me on something else...Can't remember what though...the script is getting filled.

He has me stopped on Soma and gave me Vicodin.

This should be interesting.
I wouldn't take Vicodin again if you paid me. I'd have to be near death with pain to even consider it.

Beegers

Forum Crew Member
What happen? Did you have an allergic reaction or something?

I took half a pill last night...Definately assisted in making me drowsy and took the edge off....I slept ehh good. Little more solid than the past two weeks. But still woke up unreasonably early and very groggy for a hour or two after.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
I am allergic to pain! I preferred the NSAID's to the narcotics though...and the steriods where a nice touch for my appetite!

OP
OP
Chimera911

Chimera911

Forum Crew Member
Beegers said:
What happen? Did you have an allergic reaction or something?

I took half a pill last night...Definately assisted in making me drowsy and took the edge off....I slept ehh good. Little more solid than the past two weeks. But still woke up unreasonably early and very groggy for a hour or two after.
No, but I became horribly dependent. They did make me feel nauseated half the time. Soma and Vicodin somehow managed to zap the life out of me. Despite the fact it would ease my pain, I felt like a shell.

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
The good thing is you are working through this now, and hopefully we have helped end you dependency for narcotics...however you may needed antidepressants and such after some of us drive you crazy...j/k:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Chimera911

Chimera911

Forum Crew Member
nyc.ems said:
chimera i know what you mean about driving in manhattan.that'll give you anxiety any day! i work for a private company affiliated with the fire dept. working 911 in the bronx.you think driving in manhattan is bad...try driving in the bronx!!!
OMG! Those people are completely unphased by a lit, screaming, speeding bus. It's unreal. I mean, fine, they're NYer's and all, but geez! At least have the courtesy to duck out of the way when I'm on my way to an emergency.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
I was put on steroids for two weeks, after about 3 days- I noticed I started getting a little edgy and with the way I workout, after the two weeks I noticed I had gained some muscle in my arms (from lifting weights and from throwing bumpers for the dog)

-CP

OP
OP
Chimera911

Chimera911

Forum Crew Member
FFEMT1764 said:
The good thing is you are working through this now, and hopefully we have helped end you dependency for narcotics...however you may needed antidepressants and such after some of us drive you crazy...j/k:rolleyes:
HAHA! I think I might need sedatives instead -- you all might get me hyped up. :p