Baby Food Diet

Anjel

Forum Angel
I am starting the baby food diet tomorrow.

Yes I know it sounds ridiculous but I am giving it a try. I have had a couple family members get permission from their doctors to do it for 40 days with amazing results.

For those who don't know what it is:

Breakfast

2 jars

then 1-2 jars every 1-2 hours. So basically a jar an hour.

Then for dinner you eat "adult" food for dinner.

So at 2 jars for $1.50 I'm guessing $7-9 a day.

So...I will keep you guys posted as to how well it works.

It's not a long term lifestyle change. Just something to get your body used to eating small portions and then you start introducing more foods a little at a time to you are on a regular plan you can stick with for the rest of your life.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't see the point of doing any diet that is not a sustainable lifestyle change. Why not just get in the habit, learn and adjust to the way you should be eating the rest of your life?

This isn't as asinine and unhealthy as those crazy cabbage diets or whatever, but it's still a fad diet that no one can or plans to do for longer than a month or two and therefore has many of the same cons.

I wish you the best of luck, but I really think you're wasting your time. Maybe your body will get used to smaller portion sizes, but you're not going to know how to measure good portions of adult food. The diet may consist of lots of fruits and veggies, but you're not going to have ideas of how to incorporate them into a real adult diet.

All I'm saying is you might as well just start off figuring out healthy portion sizes and how to fit in more fruits and veggies in a realistic, lifelong-sustainable manner than adding a useless and weird hurdle at the beginning.

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
I don't see the point of doing any diet that is not a sustainable lifestyle change. Why not just get in the habit, learn and adjust to the way you should be eating the rest of your life?

This isn't as asinine and unhealthy as those crazy cabbage diets or whatever, but it's still a fad diet that no one can or plans to do for longer than a month or two and therefore has many of the same cons.

I wish you the best of luck, but I really think you're wasting your time. Maybe your body will get used to smaller portion sizes, but you're not going to know how to measure good portions of adult food. The diet may consist of lots of fruits and veggies, but you're not going to have ideas of how to incorporate them into a real adult diet.

All I'm saying is you might as well just start off figuring out healthy portion sizes and how to fit in more fruits and veggies in a realistic, lifelong-sustainable manner than adding a useless and weird hurdle at the beginning.

I totally understand your point. I start weight watchers on july 5th. My insurance is making me start and paying for it. That will teach me how and give me the tools to make a total lifestyle change.

I am doing this just as a "see what happens" kinda of thing. Like I said my family members had great results. And its just kind of a jump start motivation booster kind of thing.

I know it sounds ridiculous and crazy. But if I can use it until July 5th and get some jump started results I think it would be worth it.

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
Also....

By the time weight watchers starts all of the sugar cravings and withdraws will be over and I can have a fresh start.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Please tell me there are no diapers involved in this diet?

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel

Handsome Rob

Forum Crew Member
I lost a lot of weight when I first started in EMS. Diet and exercise only. 275 to 180. First step was cutting out the twelve pack of coke per day...now, I eat vegetable salad and sleep often as I can....currently at 175ish.

sent from my mobile command center. or phone. whatever.

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
I lost a lot of weight when I first started in EMS. Diet and exercise only. 275 to 180. First step was cutting out the twelve pack of coke per day...now, I eat vegetable salad and sleep often as I can....currently at 175ish.

sent from my mobile command center. or phone. whatever.

GOOD FOR YOU! That's great. I'm pretty sure once all the pop I drink a day is gone that will definitely help a lot.

I just need my caffeine lol

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
Just curious- are you getting protein from the baby food cans? Pulverized turkey and whatnot?

I could see the babyfood veggies being good (we give our dog baby food yams, sweet potatoes, carrots and whatnot, they don't look horrible), however I would imagine all babyfood meat to be... unpalatable. :huh:

How about just eating "clean" (salads, grilled chicken, high-protein dairy like greek yogurts) instead of babyfood... seems more punishing than necessary.

If you really want to put yourself on something strict, there's always the Dave Draper Tuna and Water only diet! heh, heh...
http://www.davedraper.com/article19-high-protein.html

Anyways, best of luck with your weightloss endeavor! Cheers.

ps- bet this guy is on the babyfood diet:
[youtube]sB1gPgcycQ8[/youtube]

EMS49393

Forum Captain
Please do not take this rudely, but this diet is just INSANE. I have a huge GI history with multiple repair surgeries for strangulated hernias and obstructions so I have to eat baby food on a pretty regular basis. When I start having trouble swallowing or moving food, I switch to baby food and shakes so I can sustain my weight until my system heals.

I always, ALWAYS feel like crap after these episodes and it could be because I was sick, but I'm pretty convinced it's because I'm not getting the nutrients my body craves and deserves. And you'll probably get diarrhea, so enjoy that. I recommend charmin extra soft and cottonelle toilet wipes to keep down the acidic chafing.

Like others have said, you have to eat to live. You need to learn how to eat, what to eat, and what are correct portions. It's a lifestyle, not a diet.

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
Please do not take this rudely, but this diet is just INSANE. I have a huge GI history with multiple repair surgeries for strangulated hernias and obstructions so I have to eat baby food on a pretty regular basis. When I start having trouble swallowing or moving food, I switch to baby food and shakes so I can sustain my weight until my system heals.

I always, ALWAYS feel like crap after these episodes and it could be because I was sick, but I'm pretty convinced it's because I'm not getting the nutrients my body craves and deserves. And you'll probably get diarrhea, so enjoy that. I recommend charmin extra soft and cottonelle toilet wipes to keep down the acidic chafing.

Like others have said, you have to eat to live. You need to learn how to eat, what to eat, and what are correct portions. It's a lifestyle, not a diet.

Again... I know it is crazy. But it is working. I am not hungry. I feel good. I make sure to eat a good adult food dinner. No sugar withdraws. No cravings. I plan to do this just a couple weeks to maybe a month. Then start with a complete lifestyle change. This is just to get rid of the cravings, detox if you will, and then start with how I am going to live the rest of my life.

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Anjel, did you ever notice...

...that all those years you're killing yourself, fast or slow, it doesn't matter, nobody around you says a thing.

But the very second you decide to do something for yourself, break a pattern, give something new a try to better your health...

Everybody and their Mother pops out of the woodwork to tell you how what you do won't work, you're nuts, it killed their Sister-in-law, or caused their Great Aunt to strangle her Chihuahua!

Maybe ten years from now you'll see how one day a week of Baby Food will help you maintain a weight loss without fomenting any damage. Maybe, but how do you know unless you take a shot? It's certainly WNL, and, like anything, be aware and trust your own experience.

Enjoy the journey -, regardless of where it takes you -- and don't let the Naysayers give you a hemmorrhoid!!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
...that all those years you're killing yourself, fast or slow, it doesn't matter, nobody around you says a thing.

But the very second you decide to do something for yourself, break a pattern, give something new a try to better your health...

Everybody and their Mother pops out of the woodwork to tell you how what you do won't work, you're nuts, it killed their Sister-in-law, or caused their Great Aunt to strangle her Chihuahua!

Maybe ten years from now you'll see how one day a week of Baby Food will help you maintain a weight loss without fomenting any damage. Maybe, but how do you know unless you take a shot? It's certainly WNL, and, like anything, be aware and trust your own experience.

Enjoy the journey -, regardless of where it takes you -- and don't let the Naysayers give you a hemmorrhoid!!

Thank you so much firetender. You are the best. That was my thoughts exactly

Live and learn is my motto.

Aidey

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief

Don't be ridiculous: if she had come in here and said "By the way, I eat MacDonalds 3 times a day and drink 10 gallons of soda a week" everyone would be equally, if not more, horrified. Not knowing how she eats normally, we can only respond to what she has stated here. And what she has stated here with regards to her diet is quite frankly absurd, and, like most fad diets, more likely than not to end in failure and rebound weight gain.

Nobody here has been negative towards Anjel's goals to lose weight and get fit, in fact they have applauded her and shared their own experiences with health and fitness. Handing out sensible advice like eating clean, watching portion sizes and exercising regularly is hardly being negative or a naysayer.

slb862

Forum Lieutenant
One day I noticed I had trouble bending over, just to tie my shoes, it was time to do something. I cut out the soda, switched to plain water or flavored water. (crystal lite), cut my portions down to 1 plate a meal, and I walked, every day. I lost 40lbs. Felt better and could tie my shoes (LOL). This way I could enjoy my favorite food, just not a lot at one time. (ie: instead of 4 cookies, I ate 2). I have since found out certain medications I am taking cause a weight gain. Also, being older, my metabolism has slowed. (Getting older sucks).
I commend you for taking the initiative to take control of your weight and life. Be strong.

Aidey

Don't be ridiculous: if she had come in here and said "By the way, I eat MacDonalds 3 times a day and drink 10 gallons of soda a week" everyone would be equally, if not more, horrified. Not knowing how she eats normally, we can only respond to what she has stated here. And what she has stated here with regards to her diet is quite frankly absurd, and, like most fad diets, more likely than not to end in failure and rebound weight gain.

Nobody here has been negative towards Anjel's goals to lose weight and get fit, in fact they have applauded her and shared their own experiences with health and fitness. Handing out sensible advice like eating clean, watching portion sizes and exercising regularly is hardly being negative or a naysayer.

I wanted to say this, but I couldn't figure out how to say it nicely.