average hourly wage for a new basic in mass

dabeefa

Forum Ride Along
hey everybody i just got my basic ticket and i was wondering if anyone knows off-hand the average hourly wage of a new emt basic?? any replies are greatly appreciated. thank you in advance. Joe

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If it's for an IFT service... ask what the hourly wage at a fast food resturaunt is, then subtract a few dollars

JPINFV

Gadfly
If I recall correctly, a few years ago the Boston area averaged in the $12-$15/hr range.

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
Looker,
If I memory serves me correctly Fallon is what Brewster ambulance became after they sold their Boston operation to AMR. At the time I worked for AMR they had their choice of who they would hire. So if you got in the door at zero years experience for $12/hr there is probably a reason. Cost of living in Boston and surrounding towns is also pretty high. If it wasn't I'd probably still be living in Quincy which so far probably has been my favorite place I have lived so far.

Paramaybe

Forum Probie
That pay table is way to high. No way would i pay someone $12 to start with 0 years of experience.

So because you won't, that means nobody else should/would/could?
Maybe that mentality is part of the problem.

Then again you're an LA area IFT company owner. Enough said.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Looker,
If I memory serves me correctly Fallon is what Brewster ambulance became after they sold their Boston operation to AMR.

Brewster actually became EasCare ambulance, out of Dorchester, but Brewster has re-formed recently, and is back to running some of their old operation...

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
Brewster actually became EasCare ambulance, out of Dorchester, but Brewster has re-formed recently, and is back to running some of their old operation...

Looks like my memory is failing, but sounds about right. Either way Eascare , Fallon, or Cataldo had their pick of multitudes of medics and emt's looking for greener pastures than AMR circa 1995-1999 when I worked for them.

gicts

Forum Lieutenant
They didn't tell you, or you didn't ask before you started the class? I think basics are starting off around $20/hr here.

:p