Arrogant people

Jay

Forum Lieutenant

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I just have to use this fine piece of Hollywood entertainment at its best to show what NOT to do during a class. This was just awesome... From the piz poor BLS skills to the ever so non-existent ALS skills... All I can say is: Wow!!!

You say that as if you can't shock asystole...we all know that's a lie :ph34r:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
You say that as if you can't shock asystole...we all know that's a lie :ph34r:

you can shock anything you want. Its not a good idea but you can do it.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I just have to use this fine piece of Hollywood entertainment at its best to show what NOT to do during a class. This was just awesome... From the piz poor BLS skills to the ever so non-existent ALS skills... All I can say is: Wow!!!

I love how one of the guys gives epi IM. Great idea.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
When I started out in medicine, I was kind of obnoxious. I didn't really think I knew everything, but I certainly didn't realize how much I didn't know. I was cocky, yet not disrespectful, if that makes sense? I would try to ask a paramedic about what was on the monitor as an EMT-IV, in an attempt to kind of impress them. After about a year, I got with it. I realized that it is a team approach and that my job was to facilitate the continuation of care utilizing the best means available to get my patient to where they needed to go. I was fortunate enough to learn this lesson before nursing school, as I would've had my D*** knocked in the dirt by one of the nurse practitioners for trying to be a "Know it all".

I ended up in a bad place and wanted something more. I learned humility and realized that regardless of what degrees or certifications you may have, there is always so much to learn. Moreover, I try to learn as much as I can from the nurses and paramedics who have been in the field for 10, 20, and 30 years to pick up some wisdom that can only come with time.

I hope I continue to be competent and learn more every day.

:)