Apparent suicide call...

reaper

Working Bum
If you are going to work him, He would be on a board already. Most hangings, if done right, already are MOI's for c-spine protection.

I for one would leave them be. Unless I witnessed them giving their last kick. They have probably been there a while.

Last one I worked, Family had him down and FD had started working him. His c2-c3 was like jello. He did it right. Used a cable and jumped from a tree!!

mikie

Forum Lurker
If you are going to work him, He would be on a board already. Most hangings, if done right, already are MOI's for c-spine protection.

I for one would leave them be. Unless I witnessed them giving their last kick. They have probably been there a while.

Last one I worked, Family had him down and FD had started working him. His c2-c3 was like jello. He did it right. Used a cable and jumped from a tree!!

good point, too early for me to be thinking.

FF894

Forum Captain
Never watched COPS and this may be off topic but, what happened in the episode? They didn't leave the poor slub hanging there did they?! :blink:

You've never watched COPS? Hasn't that show been on since like 1989???

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
work it until you get him back or til your medcial direction tells you not to work it anymore.

mikie

Forum Lurker

and no matter how recent I watch it, the things they place seem like they're from 1989. I seldomly watch it, but when I do, I don't think I've ever seen anything past 1999.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
First to answer the OPs question. I would work the code. Definitely. Call the MD if stated to (3 consecutive No Shock Orders, etc) but they don't meed MY criteria to call the ME at this point.

Now to deal with this COPS issue. :p
I LOVE THAT SHOW! It has been a tradition I guess you could say, to watch it every Saturday. Just watched it last night and it was a new episode definitely after 1999 :p:p:)

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
In the real world, I doubt that most medics would even be called or allowed to examine the body (maybe one to declare death). Again, it is a crime scene.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
BTW this was taken from an episode of "Cops".

We had a similar incident many years back. The pt was not cut down because the responding EMS agency (not mine BTW) had just had a class on 'preserving a crime scene'. When ALS arrived and cut the guy down, he still had a rhthym. Had he been cut down sooner, possibly could have had a different outcome.

We are taught by the medic who provided the ALS on the call, that our duty is first to the life of the pt, second is the preservation of the crime scene. Local Law Enforcement is in agreement on this one.

SmokeyBear

Forum Crew Member

I don't own a tv :sad: Its not a "statement" of any kind, I just have never gotten around to getting one since the internet took off. Dispatch has one and they watch all kinds of stuff--the other day when I was getting my keys etc. they were watching something called "Dancing with the Stars." I watched it for about 3 minutes and was glad that I don't have a tv :beerchug:

/sorry about the thread jack

SmokeyBear

Forum Crew Member
Now to deal with this COPS issue. :p
I LOVE THAT SHOW! It has been a tradition I guess you could say, to watch it every Saturday. Just watched it last night and it was a new episode definitely after 1999 :p:p:)

That sounds like a fun tradition :) Here, a bunch of us get together and go hunting once or twice a year :)

/again--sorry about the thread jack :blush:

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I am also not a TV watcher. I do have a TV and use it occasionally to watch rented movies. I get three channels at least until next February. One is a low power local station, the other two are canadian.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I am also not a TV watcher. I do have a TV and use it occasionally to watch rented movies. I get three channels at least until next February. One is a low power local station, the other two are canadian.

Well than. You should get the 2 Canadian channels after February.

SmokeyBear

Forum Crew Member

I don't blame you for not getting cable. If anything it's ridiculously expensive.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I enjoy watching COPS... and I keep watching for the old Philly episodes (because an old boss of mine was in those episodes).

COPS is just good fun... but like the old Paramedics show - they almost never show the BS calls... just the "fun" stuff.

I volunteer on Saturday nights, so we usually have COPS on on the TV in the kitchen when we eat dinner.

BossyCow

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't blame you for not getting cable. If anything it's ridiculously expensive.

Yeah.. the idea of paying $49 a month so I can watch more TV is ludicrous. Cable isn't available in my area so its satellite or nothing. I've heard that Canada will continue with analog for another year. After that, gone!

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
Okay.. this has gone in a completely different direction.. so what happened on the show??? :wacko:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Well... I'm not going to leave you hanging ;)

They left him hanging...

and called the ME.

We were in Chat when the show was on, and we were talking about it.

SmokeyBear

Forum Crew Member
Yeah.. the idea of paying $49 a month so I can watch more TV is ludicrous. Cable isn't available in my area so its satellite or nothing. I've heard that Canada will continue with analog for another year. After that, gone!

Agree 100% -- theres absolutely no point in paying that much. If you think THATS bad--my brother pays over 130 per month with only a couple of x-tras. Funny thing is, hes not even home all that much (works 2 jobs) :sad:

Okay.. this has gone in a completely different direction.. so what happened on the show??? :wacko:

Sorry about the threadjack :blush:
Its hard not to chit-chat with ones fellow brethren :)