Apparent suicide call...

aandjmayne

Forum Crew Member
besides.. cable is really expensive.. I agree on that one.. Its a shame that those of us who dont have the money, much less time, are going to have to pay more after February just to watch TV....... ridiculous.. Bills go up and salary stays the same.. B.S. I say a whole bunch of B.S.:wacko:

ttoude

Forum Crew Member
Assess the scene get guards to protect the entrance to the cell.
check for state approved signs of death,
Cut inmate down at CENTER of ligature between nots
if no livitaty etc , Cpr protocols, arouse, chk breath and sounds, two rescue breaths, then chest compressions etc,
Contact Mcep for approval to discontinue and pronounce if no response
HEAVY documentation and guard interview

I'm new to ems but I did 2 years clinical autopsy and 3 years criminal autopsy. It would be very easy to become complisate in this death. Also at that point if negligence is proved by an angry family member, it becomes a very sticky homicide. Usually resulting in correction officer firings either way.

The inmate autopsy is very intensive including a neck to ankle "fillet" to look for any signs of foul play. Inmates "hang" themselves all the time, from what I saw of all "suicides" it was about 30% suspicious, 30% homicide, 30% actual suicide.

Most swingers use a bed post or chair. It doesnt have to be high it only has to occlude the carotids

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Assess the scene get guards to protect the entrance to the cell.
check for state approved signs of death,
Cut inmate down at CENTER of ligature between nots
if no livitaty etc , Cpr protocols, arouse, chk breath and sounds, two rescue breaths, then chest compressions etc,
Contact Mcep for approval to discontinue and pronounce if no response
HEAVY documentation and guard interview

I'm new to ems but I did 2 years clinical autopsy and 3 years criminal autopsy. It would be very easy to become complisate in this death. Also at that point if negligence is proved by an angry family member, it becomes a very sticky homicide. Usually resulting in correction officer firings either way.

The inmate autopsy is very intensive including a neck to ankle "fillet" to look for any signs of foul play. Inmates "hang" themselves all the time, from what I saw of all "suicides" it was about 30% suspicious, 30% homicide, 30% actual suicide.

Most swingers use a bed post or chair. It doesnt have to be high it only has to occlude the carotids

30 30 30, that's only 90. What are the other 10%?