Anyone have any clue how much EMT-B start at?

hurt88

Forum Crew Member
First off, Congratulations to everyone who passed there Basic class this semester as most are probably done by now. Me being one of them :). Hope everybody does well on the state test. Mine here is on January 15th.

Second, Once I take my state test and hopefully become licensed I would like to try and find work as soon as possible. I'm from the Southern Illinois region down by Carbondale, IL and I was just wondering if anyone had a clue how much a basic would start out at around here?

My plan is to work part-time while I go on to become a Paramedic. I wanted to ask during my ride alongs but I figured it probably wouldn't have been the greatest thing to ask of what could be a future employer. I know it probably isn't much just from what I have read on this site but if anyone has a clue or any idea feel free to reply.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
No one on the errornet knows better than you'll be able to find out on your own

OP
OP
H

hurt88

Forum Crew Member
No one on the errornet knows better than you'll be able to find out on your own

Well I understand what you're saying but I mean generally its seems like there should be some type of numbers for a given region. It's not a big deal to me either way because I'm in this for the long haul regardless of pay as I think its something I'm really going to enjoy, but I was just wondering if anyone around here where I live would know. I don't really know who to ask to be honest. I can't see just calling up and asking and them giving that information out.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolverine

Forum Crew Member
How much EMT-B make

Depends on where u will work in NJ&NY if u work for a hospital it's around 18$ an hour private companies (medical transport/taxi with oxygen) it's around 15$ an hour. Florida for example it's around 10$ an hour. In short it varies from state to state

lex

Forum Crew Member
While they may not tell you exactly what they pay most services will give you an idea of you call and ask them. Going directly to the source is often the easiest option, and will give you the most accurate information as well.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Pay can also vary from agency to agency, in the same town.

Hypochondriac

Forum Crew Member
Depends on where u will work in NJ&NY if u work for a hospital it's around 18$ an hour private companies (medical transport/taxi with oxygen) it's around 15$ an hour. Florida for example it's around 10$ an hour. In short it varies from state to state

You sure it's aroudn $15 for transport? From what I've heard transcare only pays $10.50 an hour. Can't confirm that though

Marty Mcfly

Forum Crew Member
I work in ohio and i started at 10.12 an hour, in april i will hit 3 years, im still making 10.12 an hour........................ the job is good on the heart, but terrible on the wallet!

firecoins

IFT Puppet

You sure it's aroudn $15 for transport? From what I've heard transcare only pays $10.50 an hour. Can't confirm that though

Transcare does start at 10.50 an hour in NY. It is not $15. After 6 or more months, you can apply to do 911 at $17/hour. NYC IFt is about $10/hr.

Norther NJ IFT starts betwwwn $12 to $15 depending on the company,

Hypochondriac

Forum Crew Member
Transcare does start at 10.50 an hour in NY. It is not $15. After 6 or more months, you can apply to do 911 at $17/hour. NYC IFt is about $10/hr.

Norther NJ IFT starts betwwwn $12 to $15 depending on the company,

Thanks, do you know what benefits Transcare provides if any?