Anyone ever.. ?

lampnyter

Forum Captain
I can name 100 people who do that. I know a few that work for 3. Its the only was to make a living as an EMT.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Only for the majority of my career...

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I can name 100 people who do that. I know a few that work for 3. Its the only was to make a living as an EMT.

yep. Currently I volunteer at one place and work PT at another. My husband works FT at a fire department and works PT in a city nearby.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Since I got my P. Right now I work for a major FD full-time, and a major EMS system part-time with full-time hours. Both while still doing school.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'm at 2. One full time, one per diem. Also a volunteer fire/medic.

What free time?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
1 ft, 3 prn.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Yeah well I just ate a slice of pizza without setting my beer down once so how's that for multi tasking :p

On a serious note do those of u who work ( or volunteer) for multiple departments/companies find it difficult to keep your protocols straight?

medic417

The Truth Provider
Yeah well I just ate a slice of pizza without setting my beer down once so how's that for multi tasking :p

On a serious note do those of u who work ( or volunteer) for multiple departments/companies find it difficult to keep your protocols straight?

What are protocols? I work under current accepted medical practice, the "protocols" are only a guideline.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
What are protocols? I work under current accepted medical practice, the "protocols" are only a guideline.

Agreed. I can't say other than when a protocol test is coming up I know chapter and verse any specific set of protocols. What I do know is current medical practice and the science behind it. This usually serves you and your patient's better, but you must be in the right system to do so, and be VERY ready to back up your decisions.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Both 911 services I work for have similar protocols. AS an EMT-I I have to be careful about remembering meds, and that's the only difference. For the two IFT services I work for (1 in NM, 1 in TX) I don't have to worry other than remembering I can give narcs in NM.