anyone ever have a job with a ruptured breast implant ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemedic

Forum Captain
As Samuel L. Jackson would say if he were a paramedic:

"I am sick of the mother :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing pointless oxygen on the mother :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing patient"

nemedic

Forum Captain
As Samuel L. Jackson would say if he were a paramedic:

"I am sick of the mother :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing pointless oxygen on the mother :censored::censored::censored::censored:ing patient"

Every protocol in the current Massachusetts Statewide Treatment Protocols has a line that states "Administer oxygen using appropriate oxygen delivery device, as clinically indicated." Nowhere in the protocols of the CMRs does it say that a person's mouth/nose are not appropriate delivery devices, as clinically indicated.

http://www.mass.gov/Eeohhs2/docs/dph/emergency_services/treatment_protocols_902.pdf

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Does giving 02 to someone via nrb or cannula put more pressure on the ruptured implant ?

You are denser than I thought.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Yup. Hopefully the ban stick has been swung or will be shortly.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown has been holding back for long enough

This bloke is a retarded idiot and as such will always excrete vomitus oralus befitting of same

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
You have a 40 yo F pt. c/c racing heart after being left by her husband of 20 years. She has an O2 sat. of 100% and a RR of 34. She denies any SOB but she is also complaining of tingling in her extremities and appears to have carpopedal spasms. Do you give O2?

This brings up another question...

how accurate is that O2 sat?

ive delt with a few o2 sats that were totally wacked out.. patient looks fine with an o2 sat of 72...

that and Nail Polish is an o2 sat meters worst enemy..

Sasha

Forum Chief
Sure why not. In testing purposes you would bag her.

Oh yes, let's give her even more of an anxiety attack then she's having now by putting something occlusive over her face.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Pleaaaase don't sentence the OP to IFTs, our poor patients already have to deal with burnt out idiot nurses, don't add EMTs who refuse to learn, make their own decisions and grow as a provider to the mess.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
This brings up another question...

how accurate is that O2 sat?

ive delt with a few o2 sats that were totally wacked out.. patient looks fine with an o2 sat of 72...

that and Nail Polish is an o2 sat meters worst enemy..

1. Her pulse ox wasnt 72.

2. If it was 72 she didn't resemble anything close to fine.

The last time I dealt with a sat that low they were agnonal and as grey as the Seattle skyline.

Wow I just read this whole thread, and well now I'm contemplating jumping off my balcony.

I actually think I just got stupid in the process.

Thanks.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
Wow I just read this whole thread, and well now I'm contemplating jumping off my balcony.

I actually think I just got stupid in the process.

Thanks.

I was just thinking the same thing:wacko:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Thread closed due to getting off-topic and heading nowhere positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.