Anyone else been sick/

Hockey

Quackers
First time in about 3 years, Tuesday night/Wednesday AM woke up with uncontrollable shaking and it got worse from there. 103° fever, dizzy when trying to walk, and bronchitis like coughing. Missed 3 days from my other job, going to make an attempt to work the rig today.

I knew it would finally catch up to me, but I certainly don't miss it

Joe

Forum Captain
Yup! Me and my partner both came down with it. Stuck around like 4 or 5 days. Same s/s as you. Didn't take off work even tho we probably should have. Seems like 90% of our calls have been that too.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
My doctor just put me off for my next tour.

Epi-do

I see dead people
I left the firehouse to be home with a sick kid, and then caught the bug from him. Headache, sore throat, fever. Once the fever broke, I had a horrible, deep cough. After having that for a few days I finally went to the doctor. Diagnosis - borderline pneumonia. I ended up missing a week of work.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
The Norovirus tagged a bunch of us. We even had a bulletin come down advising about it, that the wipes do nothing to kill it, to wash our uniforms at the station if any pt vomits in the bus, etc.

I was doing the first day of the Rope III class when it hit me. Nausea when I woke up at 0430, diarrhea x 12-15 or so before we left the station for the training. I guess it stopped because I was too dehydrated to go anymore. I held on until there was two hours left, then I had to go home sick. The medic unit drove me back to the station. 102.1 F off of their tympanic probe. Went home, tried to sleep, but the fever woke me up every 15 minutes. Finally, at around 0300, I crawled downstairs to take some Ibuprofen, which was in my work bag, that I was too weak to carry upstairs when I came home. I stayed ther for 1/2 hour, the fever decreased enough to give me the energy to get back upstairs, then I slept for about 11 hours.

We get this crap because people choose not to wash their hands after using the bathroom.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I haven't been 100% for a couple of days now. I'm thinking it's just allergies (my silver car has been yellow) but just feeling wore out really sucks.