Any leads on hiring for COVID 19 stuff for EMS?

Newparamedic

Forum Crew Member
I still havent recieved a response from caliburn. I called and sent a message and still nothing.

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
I am trying to post up more NYC jobs, but my threads are being deleted.
No organization, just lots of dupes.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I still havent recieved a response from caliburn. I called and sent a message and still nothing.
You aren't the only one man. When these things go down you have to be quick. As far as I can tell based on lack of response from them to multiple people is they have their slots filled.
Stay tuned though, there are folks who have signed up that will not go once the deployment hits, and those positions will open back up. When responders get sick and can't work, those positions will also open back up.

Also, COVID isnt going anywhere. There will be more jobs and opportunities to help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I am trying to post up more NYC jobs, but my threads are being deleted.
No organization, just lots of dupes.
It's okay. Just post in the appropriate thread. If its a NYC gig put it in that thread. Others here.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
You really don't want "action"...
"ActionDaniel" wants that action! Trying to get all up in that COVID action.

:D

Bullets

Forum Knucklehead
Based on what i hear from guys who work FDNY, i dont know if 50/hr is enough to get me to go into NYC.

For those who are doing or have done this kind of work, how does this work? Do you just quit your current job and hope they hire you back at the end? Just up and move to the area all together?

Newparamedic

Forum Crew Member
Dealing with the covid here in California. I am never scared to interact with a positive covid pt or a covid rule out. I enjoy it. If I went to New York and got deployed I would love it. I have been talking to docs and rns and the ones who are in the icus have stated that the people who are dying from the covid are fat people. People who have pulmonary commomordities are also dying however those people are the same people who end up on a cpap machine or intubate once a year. As for the young people that are dying I have heard they are all obese. Based on this, 50 dollars is enough for me If it were 60 or 80 I would almost feeling like I am robbing them. If you are obese or have long standing uncontrolled pulmonary issues I would be scared, but I don’t and I am not.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
For those who are doing or have done this kind of work, how does this work? Do you just quit your current job and hope they hire you back at the end? Just up and move to the area all together?
To be honest, I can't see many people who are working full time quitting ad helping out in the disaster locations; after all, your primary job still needs that coverage.

When I see companies throwing throwing money at people, I think the people who are taking them are either not working EMS full time, are currently laid off from their full time jobs (often non-EMS related), or people who maintain their own business, or have the flexibility to leave for weeks at a time.

If I was 10 to 15 years younger, with 0 responsibilities, and not working full time in a "essential" job, I would be applying to work in NYC or New Orleans. it's great money, but you will be working your butt off (pretty much what I used to do in NJ). Even if you do catch the virus, the chances of dying are low (one of my former coworkers is currently COVID-19 positive). Will it suck? yep, but hopefully your PPE will protect you.

But I still can't see many people quitting their jobs to work in a pandemic area, unless they have a guarantee in writing from their employer that their job will still be there once they return.

maineiacmedic

Forum Probie
We are literally writing a history at this very moment. I'm 23, brand new medic, have 0 responsibilities, was furloughed from my out of state job because of travel restrictions and work per diem at my in state gig. I just had nothing that held me back from deploying. If you're in a similar situation, I highly recommend getting involved. Here's why

It's something incredible to be part of this response and knowing 50+ years from now people will be reading books about what we are living through at this very moment. On top of that, for all the young providers like myself reading this thread, particularly those with big career aspirations, this is the opportunity of a lifetime. If you've ever had an interest in international contract medicine or emergency disaster response/deployment, now is the time to get your foot in the door with one of these contract companies.

At the very least, it'll look very good on your resume, provide a strong conversation topic at interviews, and set you apart from the competition when you're applying to competitive municipal positions or other contract companies (because they all want "previous contract experience"). Quadrupling my pay compared to my regular jobs also didn't hurt. All of these benefits while also positively impacting a community that needs desperate help. It's a win win for everyone.

This is my first contract gig and deployment ever and just so happened to be right place, right time and my community did not need me as much as others desperately do. I wouldn't go quitting your established full time jobs or leaving home when home is also in a desperate need just to make a pretty penny for 1-2 months. However, if you're young, want to get your foot in the contracting door, build your resume, make good money, progress in your career, or whatever else, all while answering the call to positively impact the nation, you should sign up.

here's a few companies:
ACI Federal
Wilderness Medics (mostly wildland but also FEMA deployments)
Global Rescue
SOSI

For more:
Google search "Paramedic (or EMT) Jobs"
the google jobs window should pop up. Click on that jobs tab.
more search settings should come up at the top of the screen
set location to "anywhere"
set type to "Contractor"
set date posted to "past week"
apply, apply, apply
and boom, just like that you'll be on a plane, train or automobile in a week!

Hope this helps!

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
Local Hospitals that are hiring, if you are tired of waiting for someone to get back to you, who may not if all their slots are filled.

NY-Presbyterian EMT or P

Holy Name Medical Center - Teaneck NJ

Relode.com for EMT's

NYU Langone Health - EMT's - Mineola in Nassau County, Long Island, AKA the 6th borough

Holy Name Medical Center - Teaneck, N.J. for EMT's

Mount Sinai Health System NYC - Credentials Coordinator. I can't imagine they are also not hiring EMT and P's

Ambulanz - NYC EMT's (Caution: my friend an EMT contacted them and was told $18-20/hr.) Ouch

Doc Associates - White Plains, N.Y. a provider recruiter for EMT's

Valley Health System - Ridgewood, N.J. Per Diem EMT's for day shift

American Queen Steamboat Company - NYC for EMT's

Hackensack Meridian Health - Hackensack, N.J. FLight RN

I hope that the above helps someone find work and this information is also not deleted.

Newparamedic

Forum Crew Member
This helps a lot because I start my new paramedic job on the 26th of April and I want to deploy before I have to start.

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
While I know it may sound like a risk, I would just get in your truck and head for NY, with all your certs, paperwork, docs, etc.
I have no doubt that you will find a job, it is only a question of how much you will be paid. Rates of pay a varying widely.

Buddy of mine told me this morning Hospitals are now paying $75 for P. So after 8 hours, that is well over $100 an hour, you likley could work all the hours you want. Worst case, work for two Hospitals or Agencies to ensure 7 day work week if that what your want to gain coming here.

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
This is the 9/11 of the healthcare industry.

Those who want to help wherever they are needed whether that’s NYC or your own home town are making a difference.

Stay safe and keep fighting the good fight (even if the good fight is IFTs)

OP
OP
SandpitMedic

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
I'm not the point of contact for this and only know what's below. I received this in an email and figured I'd pass it along.

Caliburn International aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have career opportunities across the world which can lead to a unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today! To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below to find your next career!

CHS/Caliburn is looking for qualified candidates to fill the positions below in support of the NYC COVID-19 emergency response.

Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
$39.55/hr, plus overtime.
https://chsmedical.hua.hrsmart.com/h...ing/view/12416

Registered Nurse
$95.19/hr, plus overtime.
https://chsmedical.hua.hrsmart.com/h...ing/view/12429

Licensed Vocational Nurses (LPN/LVN)
$44.89/hr, plus overtime.
https://chsmedical.hua.hrsmart.com/h...ing/view/12420

EMT-Paramedic
$53.21/hr, plus overtime.
https://chsmedical.hua.hrsmart.com/h...ing/view/12441

EMT- Advanced / Basic
$41.09/hr, plus overtime
https://chsmedical.hua.hrsmart.com/h...ing/view/12458

Nurse Supervisors (Charge Nurse)
$104.71/hr, plus overtime.
https://chsmedical.hua.hrsmart.com/h...ing/view/12465
Additional Information

CERTIFICATIONS MUST BE CURRENT.
Lodging and transportation is provided.
Per diem is provided.

If you are interested, please contact Greg Nall (Greg.Nall@janusgo.com / 865-399-5786) or Taylor Morton (Taylor.Morton@janusgo.com / 865-399-7139)
@akflightmedic

Sled Driver

In a Wuhan Wet Market
Ready Responders is hiring in NYC.

Hiring for EMT, AEMT, P

Areas: Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Manhattan.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
$18-$25 an hour in those hotspots??? Heck no....better be paying for my transport, my housing, and my food like every other contract...and double that rate at a minimum.