AMR to take over Rural-Metro contract

chc1993

Forum Probie
The County of San Diego has posted a notice of intent to award the CSA-17 San Dieguito Ambulance District contract to AMR. Current provider is Rural-Metro.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
The County of San Diego has posted a notice of intent to award the CSA-17 San Dieguito Ambulance District contract to AMR. Current provider is Rural-Metro.

Source?

OP
OP
C

chc1993

Forum Probie

County of San Diego

Posted: October 24, 2013

NOTICE OF INTENT TO AWARD

REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) 5681
COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO, HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY,
PUBLIC HEALTH SERVICES, EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES
PARAMEDIC AMBULANCE SERVICES FOR COUNTY SERVICE AREA (CSA 17)
SAN DIEGUITO AMBULANCE DISTRICT

The County evaluation of proposals received in response to Request for Proposals (RFP) 5681 for Paramedic Ambulance Services for County Service Area (CSA 17) San Dieguito Ambulance District has been completed. Subject to successful negotiations, contracts will be awarded to:

AMERICAN MEDICAL RESPONSE AMBULANCE SERVICE, INC.

This notice shall remain posted for five (5) business days through October 31, 2013 and no award will be made during this period.

If you have any questions, please contact Chris Lee, Assistant Procurement Contracting Officer at 858-505-6378 or by e-mail at Chris.Lee@sdcounty.ca.gov

Last edited by a moderator:
Where exactly is the San Diegito district? Rural east San Diego??

CSA 17 (San Dieguito EMS District) consists of Del Mar, Del Mar Heights, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Rancho Santa Fe, and portions of Elfin Forest.

auxilio911

Forum Crew Member
Oh yeah I'm pretty familiar with that area, I use to live in escondido. So amr will be providing EMS services for that area, I wonder if they are going to be running dual medic or medic/emt in that area.

Oh yeah I'm pretty familiar with that area, I use to live in escondido. So amr will be providing EMS services for that area, I wonder if they are going to be running dual medic or medic/emt in that area.

To the best of my knowledge it's going to be EMT/Medic once AMR takes over.

What part of San Diego do you guys run 911?
I know some San Diego cities FD's have their own rigs.

We run 911 for the City of San Diego.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
The OCFD "ambulance" looking things aren't actually ambulances they're "medic vans" or some BS like that. Can transport in a pinch (read: high profile patient like EMS, PD or FD).

I thought the private used to do BLS and the OCFD medic rode in if it was ALS?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
The OCFD "ambulance" looking things aren't actually ambulances they're "medic vans" or some BS like that. Can transport in a pinch (read: high profile patient like EMS, PD or FD).

I thought the private used to do BLS and the OCFD medic rode in if it was ALS?

What?

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
What part of San Diego do you guys run 911?
I know some San Diego cities FD's have their own rigs.

Don't confuse the city of San Diego with San Diego County.

Metro has the city.