AMR interview

medicaltransient

Forum Lieutenant
I had an interview with AMR for a 911 position around 1 week ago. I was extremely nervous and practically begged for the job. I got fired from my 911 job in October and have been rejected many times since then. Now my nerves are starting to get the best of me. Should I give them a call or just wait?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
In the interview, did you ask when you could expect to hear them back or did they say when they'd reach out to you? Sometimes calling them back (especially too soon after the interview) can be a bad thing because they'll feel like you are pestering them and not respecting their time. I would say a normal time to wait to call them back is after the time they said you could expect to hear them back or about two weeks. I think back then, it was encouraged for people to call or walk in to places they are applying or interviewed at, but with technology and kinda an antisocial culture we have now, it is becoming discouraged.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
@medicaltransient
What did you get fired for again?

I think I remember you asked us about a sticky situation you were in before.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Nevermind, I looked it up...once it's on the interwebs it's there forever.

Not following medical direction after a poor radio telemetry or something like that, and bad performance evaluations.

If they want to hire you they will contact you. Just sit and be patient. Kudos to making it to the interview part. If you don't get picked up, remember to be calm next time, and don't "beg."

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
This particular AMR is very disorganized and will probably need you to call.

OP
OP
medicaltransient

medicaltransient

Forum Lieutenant
AMR never called back I called to check up I promised to get mt FP-C which I did and take pals but they never called back.

I had an interview with the methodist hospital for a tech position today and the hr lady told me I was interviewing for a sitter position which I declined. She acted like I made a mistake when I applied and I just checked the methodist website and found the sitter position job listing which I never applied for.

Should I e-mail them back to clarify their mistake and express my future interest in the tech position?

It is really depressing and pissed me off to wake up early put on a tie and get all excited only to find out they have no clue what I applied for.