AMR EVOC

Alexxgee

Forum Ride Along
Anyone done evoc? If so any tips on the backward serpentine?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Engine or ambulance as it makes slight difference.

Also, this should be covered in the classroom portion and the practical dry runs...

Soon as you see that cone in the mirror, start cutting the other way, hesitate and its too late.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Engine or ambulance as it makes slight difference.

Also, this should be covered in the classroom portion and the practical dry runs...

Soon as you see that cone in the mirror, start cutting the other way, hesitate and its too late.
This. Take your time, make sure your mirrors are adjusted perfectly for you, try to get as close to the cones as possible so you don't have to make huge turns.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Ahhh EVOC, fun times when you show up the medics haha. Like Desert and akflightmedic said, as soon as you see the cone in your mirror start cutting the wheel and get as close to the cone as possible, it will help set you up for the next cone. Also your EVOC instructor should do a run through before your group starts doing the course so everyone has a understanding of it.

OP
OP
Alexxgee

Alexxgee

Forum Ride Along
It's ambulance, and yeah I felt like I did but I ended up wide towards the end. I feel like I'm doing everything right but just can't do it

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
The smaller the turns you make, the easier it'll be. Stay as close to the cones as you can.

squirrel15

Forum Captain
Of all things, that reverse serpentine just sucks... I hate doing it and never want to teach evoc because of it.

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
Are you in a van or a box? If a van you should be able to rent something comparable from somewhere like uhaul and set up some cones to practice the maneuvers that are giving you trouble.