Ambulnz Health, LLC (Los Angeles County)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
Snake Oil.jpg

ImVenom

Forum Probie
Hi Eric. Ok so as a former employee at Ambulnz. I can say that we were running a test "model". Me & my partner got ran & we were promised to be paid but we never saw that. I quit after a couple days. The management there is horrible. My field Sup is power hungry & loved to write us up for small things. The comms center always seemed so packed with managers. 3 other EMTs quit after me & I heard they lost their best dispatcher because they were accommodating other horrible ones. It's just a mess. I've never met Eric but I've seen him & as a person I can't speak on him. But that's how it is at Ambulnz, you see managers or new faces or field sups and never formally introduced. They preach to be about us EMTs but truly they only care about that stupid app that never works.

ImVenom

Forum Probie
I think it's funny that, me being a former employee of Ambulnz (Aegis) that when I respond or say something about the company, no one from the company responds directly back to me.....meaning that they don't have an answer/response for what I'm saying. At the end of the day, I tried it, did it & advise other EMTs to steer away, I just got hired at Care. 100% better!!!

mnm

Forum Ride Along
I'm an employee at Ambulnz. It's true, they are trying to revolutionize the private ambulance business.

Their model works if you're dispatched well throughout the day. You can make good money. I'm not too sure about the specifics though.

As far as the company goes, it is just like other private companies ie. getting ran and dialysis. Ive become accustomed to working at private ambulance companies. I hope to get out soon and move on to a completely different field. I dont want to work for a 911 company as I have no interest in an EMS career, so this company works for me..

The disgruntled employee that is posting in all caps did not put enough time in to really get a feel of the company. Everywhere you go has good and bad points. To say that Ambulnz is the worst is far from true because it could be a lot worse. That's just my opinion though...

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm an employee at Ambulnz. It's true, they are trying to revolutionize the private ambulance business.

Their model works if you're dispatched well throughout the day. You can make good money. I'm not too sure about the specifics though.

As someone that have EMS company you make me laugh. Your comment tells me that you don't understand EMS industry. I don't care how many contracts you got, you are not going to get enough runs out of single unit to make the type of profit that they think they say they can make. Also leasing is basically illegal as not only would you need to have your own provider number for each company you're billing but also would need to be licensed to run your own company. Remember independent contractor means that you have your own company and you're contracting with this company to provide them service. This company also needs to understand dynamic of how patients are ready, how much wall holding a unit might need to do until a bed is available. Lets not forget the traffic, its totally unpredictable and that makes sending a unit to a call just in time is extremely had. Lastly, private insurance company's follow what medicare is doing, which means watch them to cut back on both rates and approving reimbursement. If Bowers(amr) couldn't make it, what makes this company think they can.

Ambuwatcher

Forum Crew Member
As someone that have EMS company you make me laugh. Your comment tells me that you don't understand EMS industry. I don't care how many contracts you got, you are not going to get enough runs out of single unit to make the type of profit that they think they say they can make. Also leasing is basically illegal as not only would you need to have your own provider number for each company you're billing but also would need to be licensed to run your own company. Remember independent contractor means that you have your own company and you're contracting with this company to provide them service. This company also needs to understand dynamic of how patients are ready, how much wall holding a unit might need to do until a bed is available. Lets not forget the traffic, its totally unpredictable and that makes sending a unit to a call just in time is extremely had. Lastly, private insurance company's follow what medicare is doing, which means watch them to cut back on both rates and approving reimbursement. If Bowers(amr) couldn't make it, what makes this company think they can.
All good points.

The fact is, private ambulance companies in LA have needed to change. The market became a cesspool of sub par companies with questionable busines practices. Only those of us that have moved out of the area to work in different EMS systems can truly appreciate just how bad it really is.

A lot of large national and international companies have sunk millions into the LA market trying to make a buck. Almost all bailed. This company will throw more money at it with their snake oil "MODEL", burn out newbies anxious to get a job and call it a day when the losses are too high. After all, it's all about the money.

mnm

Forum Ride Along

I'm glad I made you laugh..

I'm not claiming to know everything about the EMS industry.

I just wanted to chime in about how "bad" this company is. As I said idk the specifics about the program because I was not chosen to participate. From what others say, it has the potential to be great.

I completely understand the criticism and misunderstanding because not a lot of info is given. With more time I'm sure they can explain it better. Plus idk if they want anyone sharing their business practices so yeah..

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
All good points.

The fact is, private ambulance companies in LA have needed to change. The market became a cesspool of sub par companies with questionable busines practices. Only those of us that have moved out of the area to work in different EMS systems can truly appreciate just how bad it really is.

A lot of large national and international companies have sunk millions into the LA market trying to make a buck. Almost all bailed. This company will throw more money at it with their snake oil "MODEL", burn out newbies anxious to get a job and call it a day when the losses are too high. After all, it's all about the money.

It's not the companies that need to change, it's the market. Right now, all privates do is exploiting the loopholes in the existing model. If anything is to change, it has to start with the way the subsidized healthcare plans work. As far as public services go, IAFF got the biggest slice of the pie and it is highly unlikely they'll move away from the plate any time soon (if at all), and the situation is equally screwed up in every major metropolis in the nation. The labour market in these places is oversaturated due to everyone wanting (or unwilling) to stay around (or move out), it is a Petri dish for sub-par healthcare 'professionals' whose only merit is that they're willing to take a job that pays less than a burger flipper at a taco stand. Long story short, we're beating the dead horse. Again.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
It's not the companies that need to change, it's the market. Right now, all privates do is exploiting the loopholes in the existing model. If anything is to change, it has to start with the way the subsidized healthcare plans work. As far as public services go, IAFF got the biggest slice of the pie and it is highly unlikely they'll move away from the plate any time soon (if at all), and the situation is equally screwed up in every major metropolis in the nation. The labour market in these places is oversaturated due to everyone wanting (or unwilling) to stay around (or move out), it is a Petri dish for sub-par healthcare 'professionals' whose only merit is that they're willing to take a job that pays less than a burger flipper at a taco stand. Long story short, we're beating the dead horse. Again.
To change the market is practically impossible. In 99.9 of the time what does bls crew do that requires any higher skills compare to basic one that they have? Lets be honest bls ambulance is a taxi . Majority of this patient could easily have traveled by gurney van, and they are not because medicare/private insurance do cover it. The big portion of ambulance companies will go out of business. It's same reason why emt is not getting paid much, because the skills can easily be replaced being quantity supplies of emt's is much higher compare to demand.

Hardworker

Forum Ride Along
I'm glad I made you laugh..

I'm not claiming to know everything about the EMS industry.

I just wanted to chime in about how "bad" this company is. As I said idk the specifics about the program because I was not chosen to participate. From what others say, it has the potential to be great.

I completely understand the criticism and misunderstanding because not a lot of info is given. With more time I'm sure they can explain it better. Plus idk if they want anyone sharing their business practices so yeah..

I completely agree with you. I see a lot of people on here downtalk and complain about nothing they know. I don't know the whole aspects of the program but I'm hearing EMTs here at my station are no longer going for fire. I spoke to a few people that are on the program and there checks tripled.

Hardworker

Forum Ride Along

You sound like your burnt out. All your doing is assuming. They are getting enough runs for the program to work. What info did you read about leasing? That's not correct. No crew is leasing a unit. Traffic dosent effect the program either.

If a crew is holding the wall, at a doctors appointment too long or dialysis time is too long there is a program for this. All your dynamics you have stated there is plan for this.

On our PCR we can see Medicare has already authorized the transport. I believe every call we transport has been authorized. Either from Medicare, Medical or any other type of insurance.

if you feel the program or Ambulnz is not going to work. Then please don't try to analyze something you don't know.

Not everyone is on the program right now. But soon we all will.

I was one of the ones that wanted to leave. But now I'm staying!

Last edited:

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
You sound like your burnt out. All your doing is assuming. They are getting enough runs for the program to work. What info did you read about leasing? That's not correct. No crew is leasing a unit. Traffic dosent effect the program either.

If a crew is holding the wall, at a doctors appointment too long or dialysis time is too long there is a program for this. All your dynamics you have stated there is plan for this.

On our PCR we can see Medicare has already authorized the transport. I believe every call we transport has been authorized. Either from Medicare, Medical or any other type of insurance.

if you feel the program or Ambulnz is not going to work. Then please don't try to analyze something you don't know.

Not everyone is on the program right now. But soon we all will.

I was one of the ones that wanted to leave. But now I'm staying!
I'm curious how rapid authorisation is happening so fast? Usually it can take up to a minimum of 60 days? Unless these are pre planned trips signed on pcs form for 30 days worth of return trips and even still, medicare/medical do not pay that much. If your lucky you see 14% to 30% of a reimbursement but ive never heard of 100%

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
I'm curious how rapid authorisation is happening so fast? Usually it can take up to a minimum of 60 days? Unless these are pre planned trips signed on pcs form for 30 days worth of return trips and even still, medicare/medical do not pay that much. If your lucky you see 14% to 30% of a reimbursement but ive never heard of 100%

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Y u so dense m8 ? It's the Koolaid. One drop does magik, imagine what a full bottle can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.